TheGamepost: Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre-Orders Appear to be Less Than a Quarter of Lightfall’s Total Figures

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
analysis-d2-tfs-pre-orders-tgp-thmbnl-2-860x484.jpg

The Game Post analysis shows Destiny 2 The Final Shape has the lowest number of pre-orders when compared to the pre-orders for the last three expansions.

To put this into perspective, Destiny 2’s previous expansion, Lightfall, released in February 2023, has around 2.249 million estimated lifetime pre-orders, The Witch Queen, released in 2022, has 2.244 million lifetime pre-orders, and Beyond Light, released in 2020, has 3.189 million lifetime pre-orders.

Here are the estimated pre-order numbers for all four expansions based on our analysis:

• Beyond Light: 3,189,075
  • The Witch Queen: 2,244,640
  • Lightfall: 2,249,679
  • The Final Shape: 407,601
Destiny 2 The Final Shape Pre-order analysis graph the witch queen beyond light lightfall
Image: The Game Post
Surprisingly, the numbers for all four emblems are still rising to this day. It highlights that the data derived from pre-order emblems does not precisely mirror the actual pre-order numbers, but there exists a solid correlation between the two.

Our analysis also shows that The Final Shape expansion managed to secure roughly 15,000 pre-orders (~15,000 emblems were applied to the profiles) in the 15-day period starting from February 5th and ending on February 20th.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Still plenty of time. I dont even buy my games till the night it comes out.

Some people just love to create FUD

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Destiny 2 is just old, I'm a daily player but kinda dropped it for Helldivers 2 and the fact I still cant increase my guardian rank even though I've completed the Lightfall expansion. Something about I need to kill 3 commanders. I give up, I dont know where I could farm those damn commanders I need to kill.