This gen visuals gotta be brutal for current gen consoles. So PS5 Pro?

Will you upgrade to the PS5 Pro

• Total voters

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Looking at the GTA 6 trailer

It is gonna be brutal for those APUs with 8 cores CPU just to handle those crowds for 30 fps, let alone 60fps. And a tons of particles and polygons, and massive draw distance.

Also my bet the potato version gonna get delayed.

So PS5 Pro?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
What do you mean? There are already plenty of games this gen with great visuals.

I don't see myself getting a PS5 Pro unless there is a huge improvement. PS4 -> PS4 Pro wasn't a strong upgrade. PS5 Pro needs to be have a substantial uplift for me to consider it. And yes, Switch 2 is day 1 😎

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Maybe if the upgrade is noticeable enough

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I haven't gotten the quality of graphics or the quantity of big games I expected on PS5 yet. It kind of pisses me off to think about a PS5 Pro before the PS5 delivers on its promises.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym and toadsage44

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think this gen hardware is fine.

The software (games) are under utilizing it.
Perhaps due the the very low base not existent in previous gens (Series S) or the push for cross-gen games even by first-parties after years.
It doesn't help that the 3rd-party engine are bloated.

I expect Sony first party games to finally shine now they ditched cross-gen.
That will show what the hardware is really capable.

No cross-gen... no Series s... only code for the base PS5.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They got GTA V to run on a PS3 and RDR2 to run on base PS4, so I have the upmost confidence in Rockstar.

The game is built around base PS5, so I dunno why you think Rockstar would delay the version that will sell 40+ million in favor of a PS5 pro.

Reactions: toadsage44

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
Reminds me of the last generation. Similar claims were made, and at the end there were technical highlights.

The PS4 and One were really outdated “hardware junk”. The consoles currently still have a lot of power. Only UE5 games need decent performance. It was no different with UE4 on PS4/One and it got better.

Imo, a lot is still possible with 40 FPS and VRR and developers haven't even fully exploited the hardware. Many still use old engines that don't work well with current hardware - see Star(loadingscreen)field. Adapting a new engine takes a few years.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
IMO, there needs to be a lot more technical showcase games that really push the PS5 to its limits to justify the existence of a pro, not just UE5 games that aren't optimized well.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
yeah current consoles are probably going to struggle to run this game. Especially the series S. That shit might explode.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't think CPUs will be limited because of crowds. The trailer was probably from PS5 version and it shows nice resolution and image quality (probably 1440P or higher). Also, Rockstar games are usually very well optimized on console. So far, only UE5 is failing to provide good graphics at decent resolution and stable framerate. Alan Wake 2 with in-house engine ( even though Remedy lacks resources) wipes the floor with UE5.

That's said, the game will likely run @30 fps and we need Pro for 60 fps and raytracing.

I am not a fan of Rockstar and haven't finished any GTA game in the past. The trailer looks like your typical cinema blockbuster that I don't like, but I am interested in 3d 4K ass shaking.

8BiTw0LF

hgzLQpJ.png

In Cerny we trust

• haha
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm sure PS5 will run GTAVI at an acceptable standard but I will most certainly be upgrading to a PS5 Pro as soon as it comes out.

Not only for the benefit in playing more demanding games and upgraded older games but because it sends a clear message to Sony that I love console hardware and you should keep making lots of consoles, both normal consoles and premium level ones / upgrades or slims.

More consoles sold, more competitive with high end PC's, more value and options for PlayStation gamers. It's what I love to see.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I heard from a totally credible source that the switch can run this game better Than the ps5. I’m sure that’s completely 100 percent true.