TIL Sony reached out to From Software to make a "Fantasy game" to go against TES 4 Oblivion - Demons Souls was made.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It was wonderous. I know some people don’t like Miyazaki, and thats cool for you. But for me, Demons Souls was a new experience, and a magical one lol. Topped by Bloodborne

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That's an old story. I remember when first off screen camera footage came out of TGS 2008. Many people thought the game was a failed attempt to make a good rpg.
Shu thought so and we are lucky Sony let it be localized later on.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I agree, Demon's Souls is the best Souls game till Bloodborne happened
I slighlly prefer Dark Souls and thats just because its bigger and more lore.
Demons Souls has a very different atmosphere and feel to Dark Souls and I love it. Plus different style Etc

Bloodborne is my favourite amongst them all

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Yes they have dropped the ball. FromSoft was a safe bet after Bloodborne to acquire
Yeah that was crazy the story that Shu had the opportunity to acquire FromSoft for PlayStation but instead he got cold feet and it never happened. Hence, why some think his move to Head of Indies was a demotion because of that. Lol.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah that was crazy the story that Shu had the opportunity to acquire FromSoft for PlayStation but instead he got cold feet and it never happened. Hence, why some think his move to Head of Indies was a demotion because of that. Lol.
He is my fav exec ever and a true gamer but tht was a missed call. To his defense he played an early unfinished copy of Demon Souls and it went through many changes after so he could have been right at the time.