Today in North America the PS1 turns 29 years old

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Wave Hello GIF by PlayStation

Also the White PS4 Destiny bundle turns 10 as well today.

yep. There are no other significant anniversaries to celebrate today unfortunately. I know some of you might feel like you had a DREAM about another anniversary that happened on this day in North America in 1999 but I shall CAST no doubt in your mind there is no more room for another big anniversary today for any other Console.

Also it is the 26 Year Anniversary of Spyro: The Year of the Dragon so yeah, nothing big I can think of when it comes to big anniversaries from other Hardware manufactures weather they are still in the game of not.
I does seem like a big adventure game released here in North America on 9/9/99 from another mascot that has a name that also starts with an "S" but I just can't put my finger on it? Anyone got any clues?

Also today is the 3 Year Anniversary of the PlayStation Showcase that revealed Wolverine and Spider-Man 2....
and the KOTOR Remake

A little less than 3 months to go before the PS1 turns 30 in Japan on December 3rd, 2024.

24 Jun 2022
I forgot the PS1 launched here on September 9th until this thread! Sept. 9th's always been associated with the Dreamcast for the longest time, probably because of the year they chose for their NA release.

Reactions: RE4-Station

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I remember the marketing campaign before launch. It was phenomenal. At the time, I was a teenager trying to save all the money I could for an Ultra 64, but after so many delays, I couldn't resist anymore and got myself a PS1 with RE and SF Alpha on 5/1/96. It was one of the best days ever!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Luffy123
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I forgot the PS1 launched here on September 9th until this thread! Sept. 9th's always been associated with the Dreamcast for the longest time, probably because of the year they chose for their NA release.
you forgot about it two years ago today as well: https://icon-era.com/threads/the-ps1-launched-in-north-america-27-years-ago-today.951/post-30674
So I will recycle the same joke today.
Dreamcast? what is that, some sort of fishing rod controller for Reel Fishing III on the PS2?

• haha
Reactions: TubzGaming

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Wave Hello GIF by PlayStation

Also the White PS4 Destiny bundle turns 10 as well today.

yep. There are no other significant anniversaries to celebrate today unfortunately. I know some of you might feel like you had a DREAM about another anniversary that happened on this day in North America in 1999 but I shall CAST no doubt in your mind there is no more room for another big anniversary today for any other Console.

Also it is the 26 Year Anniversary of Spyro: The Year of the Dragon so yeah, nothing big I can think of when it comes to big anniversaries from other Hardware manufactures weather they are still in the game of not.
I does seem like a big adventure game released here in North America on 9/9/99 from another mascot that has a name that also starts with an "S" but I just can't put my finger on it? Anyone got any clues?

Also today is the 3 Year Anniversary of the PlayStation Showcase that revealed Wolverine and Spider-Man 2....
and the KOTOR Remake

A little less than 3 months to go before the PS1 turns 30 in Japan on December 3rd, 2024.
Awesome stuff indeed OP! (y)

Reactions: RE4-Station