Today is the 10 year anniversary of Resident Evil 6!

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
That means yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of when I finished Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube 10/01/12!

Resident Evil 6 is such a weird game for me since I sort of like it but not on PS3! The PS4 remastered version is much more playable but still not really fun to play!
However it is the first time I went to a Gamestop Midnight Launch for a game!
I will never forget walking home from that Gamestop and accidently dropping my receipt on the sidewalk on the way home and man I it took me about 10 minutes to find it because it was so dark because of the construction going on and 10 years later there is construction going on again on that same road!
That receipt had my catacombs mercenaries DLC code on it!

Anyway this is all making me feel super old and making me realize how 2012 was indeed a decade ago!
Well I'm not sure if this is a happy celebration because of my problems with RE6 but one thing I do have all these cool Resident Evil 4 assets and callbacks in Resident Evil 6!
(There is a shout out to Iconera in the beginning of this video!)

Anyway anybody else here remember Resident Evil 6's Launch?
Also which game has the better 6 logo? Street Fighter 6 or Resident Evil 6?

Also today is Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2's 20th Anniversary!

• party
Reactions: PropellerEar

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
streetfigher6logo.png
Resident-Evil-6.png

which game has the better 6 logo? Street Fighter 6 or Resident Evil 6?

I like the Street Fighter 6 Logo more, Resident Evil 6 looks like that stress ooze stuff you can buy and splatted into a 6 shape.
Resident Evil 6 Logo makes more sense for something like Splatoon 3

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I played 6 with my wife, after 5 was so fun in coop.
I don't think I ever played it again after the first run through. the first few levels with Leon were good, the rest and the other campaigns were pretty terrible.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
It was a very good game overall. The story was kinda meh but very fun to play, spent around 800H in mercenaries.

Story mode Leon was very good, Sherry/Jake was good, Chris was meh (except the end was epic), Ada's was super lame tho. Overall pretty boring solo it's much better coop, just like 5.

But for most part like RE5 it's Mercenaries that really did it, without that mode i would have just throw those and goes back to play only RE games.

About logos it's not something i care much or pay too attention to. So idk or care much lol

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I actually missed 6, after loving 4 and 5...

Was it as silly as people would tell me?

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
The only resident evil game that I never managed to finish LOL. It was so fxxking repetitive and boring.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
streetfigher6logo.png
Resident-Evil-6.png

I like the Street Fighter 6 Logo more, Resident Evil 6 looks like that stress ooze stuff you can buy and splatted into a 6 shape.
Resident Evil 6 Logo makes more sense for something like Splatoon 3
Yeah, it was a joke, The RE6 logo is horrible and has been mocked since it's reveal.
It's Amazing how Resident Evil went from having one of the worst logos of all time with RE6 to one of the best with Resident Evil 7: Biohazard!
The Street Fighter 6 second logo actually looks slick while the first one look like a moblie app that got 6 notifications!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
The only resident evil game that I never managed to finish LOL. It was so fxxking repetitive and boring.
By the time I got to Ada's campaign I was just done with all these QTE's, I was so mad how many times in her campaign I kept having to restart certain parts because of the super human level of reaction times you needed. Thankfully on PS4 they toned it down quite a bit

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
RE6 is the only Resident Evil I’ve skipped. RE5 soured me so much by being a mediocre follow up to the greatest of all time RE4 that I kinda quit. Thankfully RE7 saved the goddamn series with another masterpiece.

RE’s story is a bunch of garbage nonsense and 6 always seemed like the result of trying to tie up said clusterfuck.

Reactions: RE4-Station
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
RE6 is the only Resident Evil I’ve skipped. RE5 soured me so much by being a mediocre follow up to the greatest of all time RE4 that I kinda quit. Thankfully RE7 saved the goddamn series with another masterpiece.

RE’s story is a bunch of garbage nonsense and 6 always seemed like the result of trying to tie up said clusterfuck.
My favorite thing about the Resident Evil 7 demo was when Jack baker punched you he would say "Welcome to the Family Son" and I only saw one person on the internet bring up it might be a reference to the family that Ada was talking about in Resident Evil 6 pre release. Of course it had nothing to do with RE6 but it just amazes me how quickly everybody was able to forget about the story of RE6!