Today is the 20 year Anniversary of the best Resident Evil Trailer ever made!

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
On September 24th, 2004 Capcom revealed the best Resident Evil Trailer ever at Tokyo Game Show 2004.

Also look at the Neogaf reaction 20 years ago today: https://m.neogaf.com/threads/biohazard-4-new-tgs-2004-trailer.15948/
everybody thought it was Claire in the red dress and not Ada lol.

Also check out these rare photos I found online from Capcom's booth/area at Tokyo Game Show 2004: https://games.kikizo.com/news/200409/023_p1.asp

Will history repeat on the 20 Year Anniversary and we get an amazing Resident Evil 9 Trailer at today's State of Play?

Last edited:

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Loved the original Resident Evil 4 especially the Village and the Castle. The Island was okay.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Capcom officially announce Resident Evil 9 today. It's either soon or Capcom will wait until after they release Monster Hunter Wilds.

Reactions: RE4-Station
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Loved the original Resident Evil 4 especially the Village and the Castle. The Island was okay.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Capcom officially announce Resident Evil 9 today. It's either soon or Capcom will wait until after they release Monster Hunter Wilds.
No RE9 trailer today :(

I wonder if playstation no longer is putting marketing deals towards capcom anymore? Monster Hunter Wilds was revealed at TGA last year and now I wonder if RE9 will be revealed at a PlayStation show?

Reactions: Entropi

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
No RE9 trailer today :(

I wonder if playstation no longer is putting marketing deals towards capcom anymore? Monster Hunter Wilds was revealed at TGA last year and now I wonder if RE9 will be revealed at a PlayStation show?

I think Capcom will show it after MHW releases.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
What is it with you and Capcom anniversaries 😬

Not even their employees would remember these things 😬
It's not just Capcom anniversaries, I like noticing 20 year anniversaries like how a couple days ago I made a thread about the 20 year anniversary of Ken Kutargi confirming the PS3 would use blu ray:

But I also made a thread about Dark Souls 13th Anniversary a couple days ago and mentioned the fact that Dark Souls is now older than Ocarina of Time was in 2011 when it launched:

In that thread I also mentioned it was Nintendo's 135 year Anniversary on the 23rd and also Star Fox Adventure's 22nd Anniversary:

Also earlier this month I made a thread about PlayStation 1's 29th Anniversary in North America and the White PS4 Destiny Bundle's 10 year Anniversary on September 9th, 2024: https://icon-era.com/threads/today-in-north-america-the-ps1-turns-29-years-old.13971/

I swear there was another console that launched on 9/9/99 but can't remember what it was? thickgirlsarebest knows?
I think Capcom will show it after MHW releases.
I'm not sure. They had no problem revealing Devil May Cry V and RE2 Remake together and market them side by side.
They also had no problem revealing Monster Hunter Iceborne right before RE2 Remake launched.
They also revealed Monster Hunter Rise only about 2 months after revealing Resident Evil 8 Village.
They also revealed Monster Hunter Wilds before Resident Evil 4 Remake launched.

Capcom actually quite a few times market two big games together side by side.
Street Fighter VI and RE4 Remake pretty much were marketed together

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Man no RE9 trailer today either at Capcom's stream. I guess its either TGA this year like Monster Hunter Wilds was last year or maybe a surprise RE Showcase. If not this is the first even number year since 2010 where a new RE game hasn't been revealed. Unless if you say RE2 remakes E3 2018 reveal doesnt count because it was actually annouced in 2015.

2012 - RE6 in January of 2012
2014 - Revelations 2 in September 2014
2016 - RE7 E3 2016
2018 - RE2 Remake (This might not count since RE2 Remake was announced in August of 2015 but the first look was at E3 2018.)
2020 - RE8 Village PS5 Future of Gaming
2022 - RE4 Remake State of Play June 2nd, 2022

Edit: it appears Revelations on the 3DS was annouced at E3 2010. Also maybe there is a slight chance a PlayStation Showcase still happens this year and has it?

Last edited: