Todd Howard Rules Out Fallout 1 and 2 Remakes

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
yodBUtEBu6Y9VXQ3tC8TCo.jpg
IIn an interview Howard said that some of the charm of Fallout 1 and 2 has to do with the fact they remain firmly rooted in the old-school PC role-playing game era of the mid-to-late 90s, so he’s happy to leave them where there while ensuring they run well.

“The main priority for us is to make sure they're available and you can still play them,” Howard said. “So on the PC obviously they're there for people to go and get and play, and making sure that they run okay. As far as beyond that, we've talked about it, but our priorities in terms of, hey let’s go do dev work and make certain things work, they haven't been in those areas. So again, priority is, hey can people load it up and play it?

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Todd's a ducking joke now a days. He just wants a quick buck with little to no work being put into his products.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They wouldn't be able to do the child killing and MC rape that FO1 did today. As a matter of fact, is that content even in any modern remasters?

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
They wouldn't be able to do the child killing and MC rape that FO1 did today. As a matter of fact, is that content even in any modern remasters?
I mean, System Shock remake still has the part about you looking for a head.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
All this talk about Fallout but man I just want a look at Elder Scrolls 6. It’s the only IP from them I truly resonate with, but 13 years later + another 4-5 years of development? Such a brutal wait.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
True they wouldn't but they could easily change that out and add new bits in but this just shows how lazy of a director Todd is. It's nothing about paying respect to the original game he just doesn't want to lose money because his head will be on the chopping block next to be replaced if it doesn't sell well.