Todd Howard wants Yearly Expansions for Starfield

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
During an interview today with the YouTube channel MrMattyPlays, Todd Howard gave us some new info about the plan for annual expansions in Starfield

During an hour-long interview on the MrMattyPlays channel, Bethesda Game Studios head and industry legend Todd Howard talked about several topics. Among those was Starfield and the studio’s plans for their newest IP. A few juicy tidbits of information were given for Shattered Space, the game’s “first” story expansion, and the plans for 2025 and beyond.

Shattered Space, unlike the majority of the main campaign, is set in one city. Howard said that the game would be similar in scope to Fallout 4’s Far Harbor DLC. That DLC was roughly 7 to 10 hours long if you mainlined it or around 20 hours to complete it 100%.

The second item was the confirmation that, as of now, Bethesda Game Studios are planning to annualize story expansions for Starfield. This would be a first for the company and explains why they stated that Shattered Space was the “first” story expansion for the game when it was first announced when the Deluxe Edition pre-orders went live before launch.

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
@Nhomnhom

As decent as New Vegas is, Bethesda really did ruin Fallout.
Call me a Boomer, but the magic in Fallout just isn't there. It literally is Elder Scrolls with Guns. I will die on that hill.

Last edited:
  • thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
@Nhomnhom

As decent as New Vegas is, Bethesda really did ruin Fallout.
Call me a Boomer, but the magic in Fallout just isn't there. It literally is Elder Scrolls with Guns. I will die on that hill.

Also... Mr. Matty, what an pandering, little roach.
Bethesda made fallout what it is today. If they never bought it, it would of been dead. The 3d open world approach gave the ip mass appeal. Now it's a big franchise.

• haha
Reactions: saltyashell

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Bethesda made fallout what it is today. If they never bought it, it would of been dead. The 3d open world approach gave the ip mass appeal. Now it's a big franchise.
Obsidian made NV, the only 3D fallout worth a damn. 3, 4 and 76 were shooters in a post nuke America, and had little, if anything to do with fallout.