Tokyo Game Show will hold its ‘largest ever’ event this year

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
tokyo-game-show-2023.jpeg

For the first time in four years, TGS 2023 will utilise the entirety of its traditional venue the Makuhari Messe. While last year’s event took place in person, it used only part of the venue space due to concerns around the coronavirus.

“Despite these restrictions, the venue was filled with exhibitors and game fans who had been waiting for the show to be held for real, and the excitement and excitement returned to Makuhari Messe. The high evaluation of the exhibition by exhibitors and visitors alike made us realize once again the high demand and importance of holding a real exhibition under any circumstances.
- The CESA said on Tuesday.

TGS 2023 will be held for four days from Thursday, September 21 to Sunday, September 24, with a Business Day and Public Day.

In 2023, age restrictions will be lifted, allowing children under 12 years old, and family-friendly exhibition areas, for the first time since the pandemic began. International visitors will also be able to attend due to the lifting of border restrictions later last year.

According to an official exhibitor list, companies committed to the show include Bandai Namco, Capcom, HoyoVerse, Koei Tecmo, Konami, Level 5, Xbox, Sega / Atlus, and Square Enix.
tgs-exhibitors.jpg

• party
Reactions: anonpuffs

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I believe Sony will have a Showcase around TGS time.
I'd bet they'll have only a State of Play as in recent years.

Notice that in this TGS they won't have their own booth, but instead they'll be sponsoring/funding the indie games area.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This is where Sony should have had a show, illustrated to people in Japan that they are a priority and to gamers across the world that PlayStation is still Japanese and has that amazing attitude that everyone loved about the brand.

There needs to be a honing in on what people love about PlayStation... of course the big budget single player games, the Japanese games, fighting games etc. and much less of the filler and trend chasing.

Chasing trends is not making PlayStation more popular, it actually hurts the brand and makes it look weak and like it has no direction of its own....nothing unique to offer. That isn't the truth but it is creating the impression that it is....

D

Deleted member 417

If they are using the whole show floor, then, in my simple mind, there are more booth and demonstrations on show. VR and new consoles maybe?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Remember when Sony use to do E3, TGS, The euroshow sometimes and PS experience a couple of times too