Tom Henderson: Assassin's Creed Red is fully playable and it's coming out in 2024 |UP|To be revealed in June. Two Expansions planned.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
4/5

Information is via a reliable Ubisoft leaker

Assassins Creed Red* was called Shadows for some reason

Assassin's Creed Shadows + 2 Expansions planned.

EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT ASSASSIN’S CREED CODENAME RED​

assassins-creed-codename-red.png

Officially, not much is known about Assassin’s Creed Codename Red apart from the fact that the game is set in Ancient Japan and is in development at Ubisoft Quebec.
However, Insider Gaming has the inside scoop on details about the game, so here’s everything we know about Assassin’s Creed Codename Red.

Assassin’s Creed Red Release Date​

It’s understood that Assassin’s Creed Red currently has a tentative release date of Holiday 2024. Given the fact that Ubisoft has had a tendency to delay the majority of its games in recent years, we recommend taking this release window with caution. However, from our understanding, Assassin’s Creed Red is fully playable and we expect to here more official details on the game early next year.

Assassin’s Creed Red Characters​

Unlike most Assassin’s Creed games, Assassin’s Creed Red is understood to have two playable characters – a male Samurai and a female Shinobi.
The male Samurai is an African refugee who learned the way of the creed and following our original report, fans now believe this character could be based on Yasuke – the first African Samurai. Yasuke is known to be the first African samurai to serve in Japan in the late 1500’s. According to Thomas Lockley, co-author of African Samurai: The True Story of Yasuke, a Legendary Black Warrior in Feudal Japan, Yasuke “was employed as muscle because missionaries aren’t allowed to have weapons”. It’s understood that this Assassin will have a similar role in Red – With the Samurai Assassin being the brute and broan with heavy attacks.
It’s unclear who exactly the female Shinobi could be based on in real life, but we understand that she will be a lot more agile compared to the Samurai.

One thing seems to be clear though, both characters will have completely different traits and weapons to make them unique from one another.

Assassin’s Creed Red Features​

Insider Gaming learned earlier this year that a major feature of Assassin’s Creed Red will be stealth and will take some features from the Splinter Cell series. For example, players will be able to use shadows to conceal themselves as well as extinguish torches to stay in the dark (similar to shooting lights in Splinter Cell). Enemy bodies can also be picked up and moved into hard-to-find locations.
Another feature coming to Assassin’s Creed Red is destructible environments, which will allow players to break anything that you could expect to break in real life with the tools they have. Screen doors for example can be slashed and broken open. Whilst this isn’t a Battlefield-esque type of environmental destruction, it adds yet another layer to Assassin’s Creed Red that players will enjoy.
Assassin’s Creed Codename Red is scheduled to launch in late 2024 for the PlayStation 5, Xbox series X|S, and PC.

Update 3/1/24

Last edited:
Reactions: Arc

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I won't be playing this, knowing damn well they would ask me to do 150 fetch quests before countinuing the borefest known as a storyline.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75 and kuzon
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I can't see them equaling the gameplay and enjoyment of Ghost of Tsushima...

Shame they left it so long to go to Japan.
Ghost will have spoiled us, the world and combat are just sublime. I deadass felt I was a samurai and ninja playing tht game.

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I won't be playing this, knowing damn well they would ask me to do 150 fetch quests before countinuing the borefest known as a storyline.

Yeah, the only thing I can see that it has going for it, is the Assassins Creed name, which will sell a few million based on that alone.

But when it comes to the underlying game, it's nothing to excite me and I see it more as a casuals game....someone who buys based on brand rather than quality.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
First thing we're gonna know about assasin's creed is that the new game will be a waste of your money. Second is refer to the first thing we know about assasin's creed.
After Assn Creed OG Idk but I was burned out and couldn't keep playing the others.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
assassins-creed-codename-red.png

It’s understood that Assassin’s Creed Red currently has a tentative release date of Holiday 2024 according to Tom Henderson/Insider Gaming sources and that the game is fully playable.

Tom Henderson doesn't say an exact date, just a 2024 holiday window, but he makes it very clear that the game may experience internal delays, so the date could change.

Additionally, Assassin's Creed Red will feature two playable characters, one a male samurai and a female shinobi. The samurai is described as an African refugee who learned the way of brotherhood, being based on Yasuke, the first African samurai to serve in Japan in the late 16th century. In the game he must rely on a lot of brute strength.

Details on the female shinobi are unknown and there are still no details on whether she was based on any real-life characters, but she will be quite agile compared to the Samurai. Both characters will have exclusive characteristics and weapons.

Tom Henderson closes by stating that Assassin's Creed Red will have a heavy focus on stealth, with elements based on the Splinter Cell franchise, such as hiding in the shadows and so on.

Also, the game will feature a destructible envirioments, you can literally break anything, but it won't be on the same level as Battlefield.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

@TubzGaming please merge if you think they should be.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I've beaten Odyssey and Origins but no where near close to beaten Valhalla. Guess I was starting to feel the burnout setting in with Valhalla. I don't mind the open world RPG style of these current AC games. However, Ubi needs to change how to keep players engage and not feel burnout with this open world template of theirs.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I've beaten Odyssey and Origins but no where near close to beaten Valhalla. Guess I was starting to feel the burnout setting in with Valhalla. I don't mind the open world RPG style of these current AC games. However, Ubi needs to change how to keep players engage and not feel burnout with this open world template of theirs.
Yeah, definitely need to switch up the formula a bit. My son beat most of them though, he loved black flag and Odyssey.

Reactions: Say1nMan

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
After Assn Creed OG Idk but I was burned out and couldn't keep playing the others.

I dunno I never played any assassin's creed games so I wouldn't know anything about it. I'm just here to regurgitate trash talk with a series I never played lol I mean I'm on the internet so I surely don't have anything else to do.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Unless you’ve been living under a rock this past year or so, you’ll know that Assassin’s Creed Red is the next mainline Assassin’s Creed title to release later year. Officially, we don’t know much apart from the game being set in feudal Japan and will be connected to the ‘Infinity’ hub – a central launcher for the Assassin’s Creed franchise moving forward. On the other hand, leaks and reports have shed light on what to expect, including our own reporting that revealed the title will have two protagonists, Naoe and Yasuke.

Today, I wanted to dive a bit deeper into the gameplay mechanics and engine of Red, because frankly, it seems like it’s being built for a ‘new era’ of the franchise.

To start, the Assassin’s Creed franchise as a whole isn’t moving to a new engine necessarily, but will be using a substantial evolution of it named the ‘Anvil Pipeline’. Sources explained that the Anvil Pipeline allows all of the various Assassin’s Creed studios (of which there are many) to work from one unified branch, rather than having different versions and branches. The most means that moving forward, Assassin’s Creed will benefit visually from the lines of ray-traced global illumination and virtual geometry.

The move to the Anvil Pipeline has meant that the teams have had to completely overhaul everything in the series, too, including animations, its parkour system, dynamic weather, and more.

Combat in Assassin’s Creed Red was described to me as being somewhat similar to Valhalla, but featuring a lot more gore, including blood, and decapitations. Stealth also plays a major role in Red, somewhat akin to Splinter Cell, the player can extinguish torches, hide in tall grass and bushes, and even go prone whenever they please.

Footage provided to Insider Gaming under the condition that the footage does not go public also showed a major evolution to the Valhalla Settlement feature. In Red, players will be able to build their settlement in a big way named the ‘Hideout’. The Hideout is where the player will be able to build, at their own will, the likes of an armory, dojo, alter, and more. These buildings are customizable, too, from being able to pick the building location, to being able to choose your roof design to the interior layout and where you can display the likes of your weapons and armor can be displayed.

Overall, the Assassin’s Creed franchise is taking a gigantic leap and our first glimpse will be with Assassin’s Creed Red, which is set to be revealed in the coming months.

What do you think of all the details about Assassin’s Creed Red? Let us know in the comments.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Looking forward to seeing RED. Everything sounds good. Give me my free climbing along with better combat and the decapitations/dismemberment of Valhalla and im good to go.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Eh, I was a big AC fan before.
If this is like the Odessy, Egypt and Viking one then Im not interested.

Combat isnt great, the interaction with the worlds isnt anything special either. I need someone more to be engaged now days. Being just ok isnt enough, even though I love historical settings in games.

Games like Ghost of Tsushima, Sekiro, God of War, Batman, Spiderman, TLOU2 etc really spoiled me when it came to combat. I couldnt even play Days Gone or Witcher 3 long, the melee was so average

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Ass creed is the kinda game you get if you only have an Xbox due to their lack of single player adventure games. Theres just way too many single player games on PlayStation that murders Ass creed for me to even bother with it. I want my $25 that I spent on Valhalla back.