Tom Henderson: Assassin's Creed Shadows pre-orders are looking very strong. I don't have the exact numbers yet, but no one in the know is disappointed

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
the digital store is not going to run out of copies of the game. same goes for the retailers and the physical ones.
physical can. multiple times this happened in Japan. Stellar Blade choked in retail. was sold out. even Amazon sometimes ran out of physical copies.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
People are pre-ordering now for a game that is announced to release in November?

Why? They haven't even seen gameplay footage.

Some ppl will do things just because it's simply there lol

I mean it's Assassin's Creed.
If you've played Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla, you know what to expect from this game.
It's going to be relatively more of the same.

Just looking at the PS5 pre-orders on PSN for Canada(where I am):

Best Selling:
#1 AC Shadows Ultimate
#2 Destiny 2 Final Shape + Annual Pass
#3 Elden Ring Expansion
#4 Elden Ring Base + Expansion Bundle
#5 AC Shadows Base Edition
#6 AC Shadows Gold Edition

What I don't know is if pre-orders on PSN are cumulative or not.

My guess is there are based on the fact that if you dont select any options ER and Destiny 2 are wayyy down the list on the pre-order lists at page #2 and page #3. That would make sense since pretty much everyone who pre-ordered early has already done so.

If I'm right(I'm almost certainly am) it would mean that the SKU of AC Shadows Ultimate has generated more revenue in 2 days of pre-orders than all any other SKU on PSN up for pre-order.
Which would be wild as shit.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I mean it's Assassin's Creed.
If you've played Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla, you know what to expect from this game.
It's going to be relatively more of the same.

Just looking at the PS5 pre-orders on PSN for Canada(where I am):

Best Selling:
#1 AC Shadows Ultimate
#2 Destiny 2 Final Shape + Annual Pass
#3 Elden Ring Expansion
#4 Elden Ring Base + Expansion Bundle
#5 AC Shadows Base Edition
#6 AC Shadows Gold Edition

What I don't know is if pre-orders on PSN are cumulative or not.

My guess is there are based on the fact that if you dont select any options ER and Destiny 2 are wayyy down the list on the pre-order lists at page #2 and page #3. That would make sense since pretty much everyone who pre-ordered early has already done so.

If I'm right(I'm almost certainly am) it would mean that the SKU of AC Shadows Ultimate has generated more revenue in 2 days of pre-orders than all any other SKU on PSN up for pre-order.
Which would be wild as shit.
I stopped buying after 2. Like I stopped buying COD and MLB the show.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I stopped buying after 2. Like I stopped buying COD and MLB the show.
What's crazy to me is that even if you like those games and want your yearly almost yearly franchise title, you could just wait.
Publishers like Ubisoft and Activision have discounts on their games after a few months in even if they have great fall launches.

People are just fleecing themselves because they don't have impulse control/delayed gratification function set to on :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
What's crazy to me is that even if you like those games and want your yearly almost yearly franchise title, you could just wait.
Publishers like Ubisoft and Activision have discounts on their games after a few months in even if they have great fall launches.

People are just fleecing themselves because they don't have impulse control/delayed gratification function set to on :ROFLMAO:
Brooo I love MLB the Show but it just became a roster change with very little visual upgrades. I'm not dumb and going to pay for tht.