Tom Henderson: 2024 will be worse thn 2023. Doubles down on more layoffs happening @ Xbox & in general.|UP| Bloomberg agrees more Xbox layoffs coming.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

She mentions that some media org cut their entire sports staff.

To be fair "sports" journalists in these places usually report politics in a sports themed way... Sad, but predictable.

To respond to her conclusion about the world being bad without journalists: true journalism doesn't happen in these places, it has not happened there for a very long time. To report you need independence, true journalism is made by independent people these days.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Today's Sony news makes the overall number of 2024 layoffs to over 7000​

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Where is the reference article? I have no clue what this is referring to.
Mine is referencing him. Idk his source. Maybe he tallied on his own.Sometimes he references his sources and sometimes he doss not, but we know he's reputable overall.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Mine is referencing him. Idk his source. Maybe he tallied on his own.Sometimes he references his sources and sometimes he doss not, but we know he's reputable overall.
I saw the other threads, still 7 000 so far this year... is it only Sony or industry wide?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
To think In a few days we will probably hear of more layoffs smh.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Let's see if Nintendo does something. They usually stay away from news like this.

Was there a major publisher/dev that hasn't lost people? Take 2?

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nin
Let's see if Nintendo does something. They usually stay away from news like this.

Nintendo I've seen once a few years ago and it was only a few ppl. Hmmm now tht in think of it almost all the major pubs have been hit.

Reactions: Johnic

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Today's Sony news makes the overall number of 2024 layoffs to over 7000​

We will definitely see some more layoffs from embracer soon and Microsoft will definitely have more later this year. Some Japanese publishers like Bandai will definitely have some they’ve had some flops lately and ppl aren’t buying their cash grab garbage like they used to. They cancelled 5 games and they were rumored to be working on at least 2 ps small ip like wipeout. If Sony pulls those games and Blue Protocol doesn’t hit Bandai is going to be in some trouble. They spent most of this gen kissing Xbox asses and it doesn’t seemed to have boosted their sales on the Xbox console.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Nintendo is garbage and usually spends nothing on game’s development but they can’t hide behind switch being weak to not spend on on devs to make games with better performance and production values. They also don’t have the crutch of just porting Wii U games they they did with the switch. They delayed the switch 2 because they didn’t really have a lot of launch content now that they had to do backwards compatibility. The studios they have are not enough. I expect them to lean heavily on 3rd prty.

Take2 has said at the end of last yr and this year they will be doing some restructuring in 2024 to reduce cost. I think gta6 development is biting them in the ass and the Xbox is basically dead and there is no cross gen release like with gta5 to help boost sales. Ps5 is going to be doing to heavy lifting for gta6 for at least its first yr.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nintendo is garbage and usually spends nothing on game’s development but they can’t hide behind switch being weak to not spend on on devs to make games with better performance and production values. They also don’t have the crutch of just porting Wii U games they they did with the switch. They delayed the switch 2 because they didn’t really have a lot of launch content now that they had to do backwards compatibility. The studios they have are not enough. I expect them to lean heavily on 3rd prty.

Take2 has said at the end of last yr and this year they will be doing some restructuring in 2024 to reduce cost. I think gta6 development is biting them in the ass and the Xbox is basically dead and there is no cross gen release like with gta5 to help boost sales. Ps5 is going to be doing to heavy lifting for gta6 for at least its first yr.
Of course two gens behind Nintendo just maximizing as much profit as possible.