Tom Henderson: 2024 will be worse thn 2023. Doubles down on more layoffs happening @ Xbox & in general.|UP| Bloomberg agrees more Xbox layoffs coming.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is really sad if true.

If anything... they got to make Senua 2. I hope they will be happy with it and can land on their feet if they do get axed.
Yeah, even though I'm not a big fan of Hellblade I like Ninja Theory and don't want them going under.

• Shake
Reactions: Yuniac

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
So, they don't even want to be a large third party publisher...
They want to be a large 3rd party publisher solely focusing on the money maker easy low risk franchise. Halo, COD, Forza, Doom, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Diablo are the low risk franchise that make bread expect MS to double down & increase output out of these franchises whether mainline or spin offs

Fully expect MS to release there games day 1 on PS & Nintendo early next gen thoe I can see some games in 2025-2026 release day one like that one gears collection I can see that being Xbox, PC & PS simultaneously

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Microsoft acquired studios that compete with themselves; Halo, Cod, Doom for example. Sure, they may offer a different flavour of fps but online time is competing for your time dedicated to one game. Fortnite kiddies don't split their time across five Battle royales.

The same goes for many genres across Microsoft and now they have double and tripled up in man-power, it's time to slim down and concentrate that work force. Do they need five teams working on UE5 FPS's? Or three leaned and efficient teams?

The layoffs will continue until quality improves.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So never?

Edit: actually, never is not possible. The layoffs will end once there is no one left to lay off.
I mean i guess the point is quality may bring more income due to more sakes but even thts not promised.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I doubt very much Microsoft is able to provide quality.
Of course in their current state they can't generally. Only studio tht can do tht is Playground studios but thy can't do it all.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
So never?

Edit: actually, never is not possible. The layoffs will end once there is no one left to lay off.
They will hire more so they can keep firing, those who do the firing don't want to end up on the cutting room floor!

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Well, Timdog said Xbox will shutter more studios... I'd definitely give him some credibility in this area.