Tom Henderson: Star Wars Outlaws sold 1 million copies Ubisoft is changing Yasuke story for Shadows

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
star-wars-outlaws-sales.jpeg

"Insider Gaming hasn’t been able to learn what the expected sales figure was for Star Wars Outlaws, but we have secured a current sales figure from sources close to the game. At the time of writing, Star Wars Outlaws has just ticked over one million sales worldwide."

"It’s not as many sales as Ubisoft expected, which explains the recent comments about the game’s performance proving ‘softer than expected’."

Source: https://insider-gaming.com/star-wars-outlaws-sales-1-million/

Last edited:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Changing Yasuke's story? This is a mess all around. Curious how much of that revovles around redoing parts of the actual main story. PR/marketing shit show Ubi has put forth around AC Shadows.

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Changing Yasuke's story? This is a mess all around. Curious how much of that revovles around redoing parts of the actual main story. PR/marketing shit show Ubi has put forth around AC Shadows.
If the main story has fmv then its going to be hard to change. But if its like mass effect talking, you can change the entire story plot. Add lines, change plot points, remove line. All easy. Ironically, it's like when ghost of tsushima added the feature that peoples mouths matched the Japanese voice over.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If the main story has fmv then its going to be hard to change. But if its like mass effect talking, you can change the entire story plot. Add lines, change plot points, remove line. All easy. Ironically, it's like when ghost of tsushima added the feature that peoples mouths matched the Japanese voice over.
If they are changing anything in the story at all.
2 months delay is not enough to change plot / story... at max you will end changing some dialogs.

The guy is being two obtuse throwing most of the possible changes... but he forget the delay if for 2 months only.

Probably polish and optimization has way more chances to be the real reason to the delay.
And not changes in what is already developed.

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Ubislop need to be sold off, their employee numbers decimated and projects reigned in. It's obvious that valued IPs; star wars, Ass creed, are being used as pet projects for activists within the company.

20,000 people can be cut down to 1000 with ease. Launch Ass Creed once every two years and fit an old IP in between the gaps; Rayman, Rainbow 6, beyond good and evil, et al.

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
If they are changing anything in the story at all.
2 months delay is not enough to change plot / story... at max you will end changing some dialogs.

The guy is being two obtuse throwing most of the possible changes... but he forget the delay if for 2 months only.

Probably polish and optimization has way more chances to be the real reason to the delay.
And not changes in what is already developed.
I don't think it matters. They have pissed off japan. Forget the racist incels cause they have moved to ghost of yotei, japan is not happy with anything from this game. Stolen statue, stolen banners, Chinese stuff. Fixing ain't going to change their minds.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't think it matters. They have pissed off japan. Forget the racist incels cause they have moved to ghost of yotei, japan is not happy with anything from this game. Stolen statue, stolen banners, Chinese stuff. Fixing ain't going to change their minds.
I love Japan most because I grew up playing games in Japanese… so I’m fascinated with their culture.

But let be realistic… AC games sell less than 100k in Japan.

I do t see Japanese having that power on what Ubisoft will to with the game… in fact Ubitsoft can even choose not launch there that it won’t make big difference for them.

People are overestimating the weigh of Japanese opinion about the game in the Ubisoft decision imo.

Japan was not AC market.
Maybe Ubisoft expected to increase sales there with a Samurai’s theme but that was a bonus and not what support AC games development.

Last edited:
Reactions: Infinity

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Where are all the media outlets on the sales of this game. Its been out 1 month on every platform and only 1 million? Final fantasy had 3.5 million in 6 days ON PS5 only with like like 20 million less than now.

Not a peep. Shouldnt xbox and pc have carried sales on this to 10 million already

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Japan doesn't even buy Assassins Creed lol.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

I bet they're taking away Yasuke's gay relationships so they don't get accused of trying to check all the diversity checkboxes.
Someone at Ubisoft said before these were LGBTQ characters.

Well, it won't be the biggest bomb this year. But the bombs this year are mega bombs.
It won't be the biggest bomb this year for sure, because... it's not releasing this year.

Badum tss

But it can still be the biggest bomb of 2025.

Reactions: Bryank75

Nobermeijer

27 Jun 2022
Yeah shame on them, morons, every one of them. Ubisoft just pulled a CD Projekt, I'm sure it'll be fine in a year or two.

edit: Meanwhile, I'll play BG3 because at least Larian studios knows what they're doing.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw