Tomb Raider Legend Will be the First PS2 Classic with Trophies

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
tomb-raider-legend-trophies.jpg

Tomb Raider Legend makes history by being the first third-party PS2 game emulated for PS Plus to receive trophies. The was a slew of emulated PS2 games for PS4 and PS3 from 2015 to 2019, including Manhunt, Bully, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy, and so on. However, these weren't a part of the same PS Plus Premium-led emulations we are getting now.

Tomb Raider Legend is the first game in the PS2-era reboot of the Tomb Raider series. Thanks to Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness being a bit of a failure, Crystal Dynamics felt the series needed a refresh. Boy did they deliver on that end! While classic Lara Croft will always be my girl, the Legend trilogy reboot is absolutely phenomenal and well worth your attention.

Source

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm still confused.

The PS2 classic games I played on PS4 had trophies already.
In fact I just played some to get the trophies.

Edit - Ohhh it means 3rd-party... maybe I never played any? Where can I get a list of PS2 to PS4 3rd-party games?

Edit 2 -

The King of Fighters 2000 has trophies and it is 3rd-party... not platinum... just Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Max Payne has trophies too.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I just checked... the games listed on the OP has trophies.

Manhunt
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Bully
Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit

All have trophies.

I'm really missing something here.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
I just checked... the games listed on the OP has trophies.

Manhunt
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Bully
Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit

All have trophies.

I'm really missing something here.
None of the third parties Since ps premium was announced had any

Reactions: Box

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
None of the third parties Since ps premium was announced had any
I'm very confused here still...

PS2 games emulated on PS4 before PS Premium had trophies...
This is specifically about emulated PS2 games released after PS Premium?

Because that is really dumb... and I guessed PS2 to PS4 last release was in 2015.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
I'm very confused here still...

PS2 games emulated on PS4 before PS Premium had trophies...
This is specifically about emulated PS2 games released after PS Premium?

Because that is really dumb... and I guessed PS2 to PS4 last release was in 2015.
Specifically referring to After ps premium

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
When they overhauled PS+ to include PSNow + the different payment tiers, they gave an option to second and third party developers that, upon re-releasing PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP classics, they could put in trophies if they wish.
Naturally, first party would do it, as seen with the Syphon Filter and Twisted Metal games.

There was a whole back and forth as to why PS should/shouldn't have mandated trophies (for classics).
Of course, you had some clown developers saying it would be "heavy-handed" of PS to force them to implement trophies... even though it was easy for them to greenlight selling the same game to us again.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I refuse to buy any game that doesnt have trophies

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
Just for comparison in the UK - TR costs £16 , Sly cooper £8 and Star Wars clone wars £4

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
But who cares about the PC version if you play on PlayStation?
Serious question.

You give an option that is not even an option to a PlayStation user.

PS. The reply is aimed to the tweet.
that's true but they could've done a much better job on this port. Syphon Filter is at least upscaled to 4k, all PS1/PS2 games should be 4k 60fps

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
that's true but they could've done a much better job on this port. Syphon Filter is at least upscaled to 4k, all PS1/PS2 games should be 4k 60fps
That is true... and people needs to show that with their wallet not buying it until who published the game do a better job.

But what made me mad is because people uses another platform as key point to talk about a game launch in other platform lol
PC version is 98 cents but that really matter for somebody with a PS5 at home?

And I could do the same... TLOU was launched at $70 on PC. while I could pay less than $20 on PS 🤷‍♂️
That makes no sense because the game is launching now on PC at full price... and I can buy it on PS with discounts because it launched in 2014.

It is like when Xbots says I can play the game "free" on Gamepass while you need to pay $40... I have the feeling to say in reply "And? What your point exactly? I don't like Xbox or Gamepass.. so I prefer to pay whatever they ask to play my games on PS5 than get them "free" on Gamepass".

It is like when you want to drink a beer... depending of the place you go the price will be different.
A more luxurious restaurante will ask for a beer $20.
While a supermarket you can buy it at $3.
Is it the same experience? Of course not... the first I will drink my beer in a comfortable table/chair probably listening to a live artists (even if unknown it is still a live artist playing music) without need to even wake up to will get my beer... on supermarket I will either drink it without sit or go to home to sever mysef maybe listening music on my phone... I will have to go get my own beer everytime.

To pay the price to drink it in the place you feel more comfortable.

So what if it is 98 cents... it is in a place I don't find comfortable to play games... so I will be happy to pay way more to play it in a place I like.

Last edited:

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
It's a bug. You have an option to boost the game but It doesnt do anything, since It's broken as of right now.