Tomba! 2 Coming to PS5, PS4, Switch, and PC

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Yes!

Hopefully they release both physically, too. First one isn't available for pre-order yet.

EDIT:

Just saw that they announced Tomba 1 physical edition can be brought starting July 19th!

EDIT 2:

Many sour Xbox fans crying about the lack of Xbox versions under their tweets.

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Reminder:

Tomba 1 is open for physical pre-order as of a few minutes ago.

Just pre-ordered this edition:

• Informative
Reactions: 2spooky5me

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I beg all these developers and publishers to stop using LRG.
This should be available at all retailers, including Part 1.
It's sad that there is even the necessity of someone like LRG.
Yeah, there's no reason why HiFi Rush should have to rely on a company like LRG to get a physical version. They still haven't opened preorders for it after months and I'm worried they might cancel it.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They are limited and overpriced. River city girls is 400 bucks now
I'm not sure how I feel here...
The ideia of Limited Run Games is really to get these indie / small games that should not have a physical edition at all and run a limited batch of copies for it... more for collectors that doesn't want to have the digital version.

Without LRG you should not have any physical copy of these games at all.
The company was created with that purpose so it was named "Limited Run Games".

So either you have no physical or just these limited batches done by LRG... there is no other option.
And this case I believe what LRG do is good for the industry.

Remember limited production of discs are cheaper for small numbers than mass production.... of course mass production only becomes cheaper if you really have a big numbers to produce here.... if you have a small number then mass production is way expensive.
But most indie / small games doesn't have sales enough to have investment in mass production... you doing mass production to have discs becoming trash in warehouses or stores is not an option at all.

Last edited:

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
@ethomaz
Very poor customer service, and the lack of communication.
Not to mention, over the years, quite a few of their limited editions have had missing items, print/spelling errors, broken cases, etc. Its become a worrying trend. And all the while LRG's PR just hand waves everything off.

I don't see how this is any different from a publisher just limiting copies shipped to specific regions. I don't mean to be rude about this. If you like them, don't let me dissuade you...!

@Umar
The new Xbot trend is to hand-wave off these games and say "they are niche" or "C-tier"... the salt is absolutely piling up to mountain size proportions!
But somehow RedFall, Starfield, the last Forza, etc. were "worth it"? LMAO

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ethomaz and Umar

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
I'm not sure how I feel here...
The ideia of Limited Run Games is really to get these indie / small games that should not have a physical edition at all and run a limited batch of copies for it... more for collectors that doesn't want to have the digital version.

Without LRG you should not have any physical copy of these games at all.
The company was created with that purpose so it was named "Limited Run Games".

So either you have no physical or just these limited batches done by LRG... there is no other option.
And this case I believe what LRG do is good for the industry.

Remember limited production of discs are cheaper for small numbers than mass production.... of course mass production only becomes cheaper if you really have a big numbers to produce here.... if you have a small number then mass production is way expensive.
But most indie / small games doesn't have sales enough to have investment in mass production... you doing mass production to have discs becoming trash in warehouses or stores is not an option at all.
Let me rephrase it.
Limited run games goes to ebay and sells their games as if they are scalpers. They don't care if they sell or not on ebay, they want their stock value to look good so that other devs go to them.
I don't want the devil preserving games, so fuck them.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Do anybody know if Tomba is a Sony IP ? I know that the games were initially published by Sony, but I don't know who possede the IP

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Do anybody know if Tomba is a Sony IP ? I know that the games were initially published by Sony, but I don't know who possede the IP
They are not, Whoopee Camp were the IP owner until their closure and it's now probably "free" to be used.

I don't know if they are somehow involved, but current trademark holder is a German entertainment company.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't see how this is any different from a publisher just limiting copies shipped to specific regions. I don't mean to be rude about this. If you like them, don't let me dissuade you...!
The bolded is the point… publishers won’t do physical limited shipment anymore… it is worth due the niche sales and can end in loses.

So Limited Run Games come to exists.

Without LRG you should have no physical for these small games.

PS. I never brought a game from them.