Toys for Bob is teasing a new Spyro game

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Z5tqtEO.jpeg

1WA81n2.jpeg

It's been a long time since there's been a new Spyro the Dragon game, but some fans think that a new one could be in development. Back in May, developer Toys for Bob gutted its entire website; four months later, it has now been relaunched with a brand-new look and the team is clearly quite proud of its work with Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. The new site features the two characters very prominently, in multiple sections. Not only are the two characters towards the top of the page, their games are also featured in the "recent games" section, alongside a mystery game shrouded in purple.

That purple color and the prominence of Spyro on the company's website has gotten a bunch of fans speculating that Toys for Bob could be working on a new Spyro game. Much of this speculation comes from the Spyro Universe account on X/Twitter, which has a significant following. Is it a stretch? Maybe. But it's worth noting that Toys for Bob's first game as an independent studio is something that will be published by Microsoft. Spyro and Crash are both owned by Microsoft following the Activision acquisition, and Toys for Bob clearly has a passion for them. It would honestly be surprising if they were working on something that wasn't related to one or both of these characters!

Reactions: YeezyDude

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here but Crash 5 was cancelled but Spyro gets made. Press Square to doubt. I love Spyro but Crash is way more popular currently.

My source Nostradamus is telling this reporter that this is a distraction to ease the talks of no Astro Bot competitor from Xbox. I'll believe it when I see it.

24 Jun 2022
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here but Crash 5 was cancelled but Spyro gets made. Press Square to doubt. I love Spyro but Crash is way more popular currently.

My source Nostradamus is telling this reporter that this is a distraction to ease the talks of no Astro Bot competitor from Xbox. I'll believe it when I see it.

Also noticed that; very convenient timing.

Welp, it ain't working. I mean a new Spyro (or Crash) would be nice to see, but there's no point talking about it until it's made official.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
#1 priority to to reverse the horrible decision developers after insomniac made to switch around the charge and breathe fire buttons.