Ubisoft aiming to release one Assassin's Creed Per Year

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
ubisoft-atualmente-tem-11-jogos-de-assassin-s-creed-planejados-092566.jpg

As revealed by well-known insider Tom Henderson, we should once again see an annual release of the franchise, with Ubisoft planning to intersperse one large and one small game from the IP every year starting in 2024.

The company's plan would be to release a main game in the franchise every two years, with a smaller title being released in between. The releases will start with Assasssin's Creed Red this year, followed by the multiplayer Invictus in 2025 and Hexe in 2026.

Although nothing is confirmed yet, the insider guesses that to keep to this schedule, we'll see the remake of Black Flag in 2027 and a new main title in the franchise in 2028.

Franchise schedule:

• Assasssin's Creed Red - 2024
  • Assasssin's Creed Invictus - 2025
  • Assasssin's Creed Hexe - 2026
  • Assasssin's Creed Blak Flag Remake - 2027
  • Assasssin's Creed New Main Title - 2028

Assasssin's Creed Red will be the next main title in the franchise, set in Feudal Japan and due to arrive this year. Meanwhile, Assasssin's Creed Hexe will be a new single-player title inspired by the witch hunts and Assasssin's Creed Invictus will be a multiplayer title.

• haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
How could they think this is a good idea. Are they trying to kill the franchise? Do they lack the creativity to produce high-selling new IPs...

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
How could they think this is a good idea. Are they trying to kill the franchise? Do they lack the creativity to produce high-selling new IPs...
Its not so easy to make new IPs, its a big risk and its harder and harder to have new decent ideas.
Only the best do it

Look how Rockstar and Capcom avoid them

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
ubisoft-atualmente-tem-11-jogos-de-assassin-s-creed-planejados-092566.jpg

As revealed by well-known insider Tom Henderson, we should once again see an annual release of the franchise, with Ubisoft planning to intersperse one large and one small game from the IP every year starting in 2024.

The company's plan would be to release a main game in the franchise every two years, with a smaller title being released in between. The releases will start with Assasssin's Creed Red this year, followed by the multiplayer Invictus in 2025 and Hexe in 2026.

Although nothing is confirmed yet, the insider guesses that to keep to this schedule, we'll see the remake of Black Flag in 2027 and a new main title in the franchise in 2028.

Franchise schedule:

• Assasssin's Creed Red - 2024
  • Assasssin's Creed Invictus - 2025
  • Assasssin's Creed Hexe - 2026
  • Assasssin's Creed Blak Flag Remake - 2027
  • Assasssin's Creed New Main Title - 2028

Assasssin's Creed Red will be the next main title in the franchise, set in Feudal Japan and due to arrive this year. Meanwhile, Assasssin's Creed Hexe will be a new single-player title inspired by the witch hunts and Assasssin's Creed Invictus will be a multiplayer title.
Again with this crap! Didn’t they move away from doing that because it over saturated the brand, lead to a decline in quality and poor fan reception. Ubi is the king of 🤡 5 steps forward 10 steps back then they trip a fall in a pile of 💩

Reactions: Zzero and Kokoloko

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Its not so easy to make new IPs, its a big risk and its harder and harder to have new decent ideas.
Only the best do it

Look how Rockstar and Capcom avoid them
Yeah I get that, but man a new AC every year up to 2028 will nearly kill it off imo.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Origins - 2017
Odyssey - 2018
Valhalla - 2020

Sure it wasn't exactly 1 per year, but Valhalla probably could've been out by 2019 if it had been scoped smaller(that game was gargantuan).
That trilogy sold better and better as each game happened and Valhalla was the best selling AC and most revenue generated by an AC game.
I don't think 1 AC per year will have that much negative impact on the franchise's sales if I'm being honest.

People do actually want AC.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah I get that, but man a new AC every year up to 2028 will nearly kill it off imo.

I agree.

I wonder what the success rate is for new ips? Watchdog probably didnt get them the results they exactly wanted.

Immortals Fenyx rising? That seemed to do ok though

Reactions: Hezekiah

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I wonder what the success rate is for new ips? Watchdog probably didnt get them the results they exactly wanted.

Watch Dogs Legion did very poorly, probably killed the franchise.

Immortals Fenyx rising? That seemed to do ok though

Fenyx Rising didn't do too much in terms of sales but apparently the development cycle was pretty brisk on that game which probably meant it was profitable.
But they decided to cancelled the sequel that was in production to put more bodies into AC Red(Immortal Fenyx and the upcoming AC Red are both from being main developed by Ubisoft Québec.

The decision is probably correct in terms of of business since everyone has been waiting for a Feudal Japan AC since forever, but it does suck that it was at the expense of a new franchise that actually managed to do well enough to start development on a sequel.

It was also set in a Polynesian setting, which is not something you see every day.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Just give me Red and Black Flag Remake i don't need or want a game every year this ain't CoD
But what if it was? Don't you see how much money that would make Ubisoft? Ignore the fact that it isn't and think what if it was?

Ubisoft is a terribly run company and would probably be in the middle of a hostile takeover if not for that Tencent investment last year.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
They already been doing this for 20 years it's nothing new lol, there is an Ass creed game every fall.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's their most profitable franchise by far, nothing comes even close.
Also this isn't them announcing that, this is Tom Henderson saying that this is the plan.

I totally understand that, I just wonder if they are worried about burnout...