Ubisoft director blames gamers, says they've been exposed as 'non-decent humans'

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Seria-POR-ISSO-que-Assassins-Creed-Shadows-foi-adiado.webp

Ubisoft's continuous downward spiral is seemingly only gaining speed, with the latest speed boost coming from the company Monetization Director for Ubisoft, who took to LinkedIn to call gamers critiquing the company and its products "non-decent human".

Now, in the heat of what could be considered the most tumultuous time for Ubisoft, the company's director for monetization, Stevy Chassard, has taken to LinkedIn to voice his opinion on the public's reaction to Ubisoft and its recent decisions.

"The gaming industry is rough at the moment, we all know it. But seeing how "gamers" react on social medias, wishing ill-fate to companies and people alike is sad. (And not only towards Ubisoft. Even though it is always the vocal minority that express themselves on social media, I was hurt, hurt and ashamed to be part of this community."

"What is even more revolting, is coming on LinkedIn and seeing the same comments from people within the industry. On top of exposing yourself as a clearly non-decent human being, you are affecting thousands of employees that are already impacted by all the hate despite doing their best to deliver incredible experiences."

"How can you wish a company to fail simply because they do not cater to you or that the produce does not please you is beyond me."

"We are all on the same boat, please please please, stop spreading hate, we should all uplift each other instead of bringing each other down,"
- Chassard

via Tweaktown

Reactions: Shadow2027

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Sure, it's always someone else's fault. God forbid gamers wish better from companies.

"How can you wish for a company to fail, simply because they don't cater to you?" has to be the dumbest statement I've read in a while. You mean to people who made the franchise what it was? Those people? Instead, you cater to the twitter crowd who'll never even buy your game and will move on to something else to complain about when it launches.

They wanted to try something else with this, fine. But everything they've done since the reveal was wrong. Attacking people left and right isn't how you make people interested in your product.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
You make and sell a product aiming to make as much as possible.
If that product does not appeal to the potential customer and it does not sell its not the customers fault but the people that made the product.

Season 2 Wow GIF by The Roku Channel

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
They always say that players who shit on them are small and loud until a game comes out and bombs and they realize they were the potential customers who no longer buy and they go under and out of a job and then its a problem. How about appeal to the people you need to buy the product and had bought them in past to make series what they are.

Itll be fine when Ubisoft goes under, just another reminder to developers that this woke garbage will put you out of business unless u have microsoft or disney money to burn

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
He is totally right. It's ok to dislike games or companies, but throwing hate to the people who make them, even in their personal linkedin isn't normal.

You make and sell a product aiming to make as much as possible.
If that product does not appeal to the potential customer and it does not sell its not the customers fault but the people that made the product.
True, but this is not what he was talking about. One thing is to dislike a product, which -as he says- is ok and understandable because products aren't made for everybody and everyone has different tastes.

He was complaining about a different thing: about haters wishing ill-fate and trowing hate to companies and particularly, on a personal level, humans beings behind them even in their personal Linkedin accounts. Which is not ok.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide

Exicide

Veteran
2 Feb 2024
He is totally right. It's ok to dislike games or companies, but throwing hate to the people who make them, even in their personal linkedin isn't normal.

True, but this is not what he was talking about. One thing is to dislike a product, which -as he says- is ok and understandable because products aren't made for everybody and everyone has different tastes.

He was complaining about a different thing: about haters wishing ill-fate and trowing hate to companies and particularly, on a personal level, humans beings behind them even in their personal Linkedin accounts. Which is not ok.
I think its quite clear he's talking about the "anti-dei gamers" that do nothing but hurl abuse at developers and the whole studio, forcing those people to private their accounts because they can't be normal for one second.

This isn't even a made up thing, I can give several examples, Grummz is one of them, he singles out developers all the time and his audience attacks them, he hides behind the guise of "I didn't tell them to do it" but he also doesn't address it, and he knows his audience, so there is no plausible deniability. Everyone who engages with harassment over conspiracies are without a doubt, non-decent human beings.

Look at the harassment I'm getting about one developer here

Last edited:

MrAss

24 May 2024
tbh there's always a vocal minority who's constantly complaining. Doesn't matter if it's a flop game or some really successful. That's why developers just stopped paying attention. These companies just need a better focus groups and analysts

23 Sep 2023
I think its quite clear he's talking about the "anti-dei gamers" that do nothing but hurl abuse at developers and the whole studio, forcing those people to private their accounts because they can't be normal for one second.

This isn't even a made up thing, I can give several examples, Grummz is one of them, he singles out developers all the time and his audience attacks them, he hides behind the guise of "I didn't tell them to do it" but he also doesn't address it, and he knows his audience, so there is no plausible deniability. Everyone who engages with harassment over conspiracies are without a doubt, non-decent human beings.

Look at the harassment I'm getting about one developer here
She's right. 100 percent. Why should liberal karens dictate what is acceptable concerning a completely different civilization she has ZERO experience in? Ubi had the opportunity to hire REAL historical consultants and instead they went with a DEI hire, most definitely passing over much more qualified people in the process. Have you seen Ubi's hiring criteria going around the net right now. It does NOT help the optics of the situation at all.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Exicide

Veteran
2 Feb 2024
She's right. 100 percent. Why should liberal karens dictate what is acceptable concerning a completely different civilization she has ZERO experience in? Ubi had the opportunity to hire REAL historical consultants and instead they went with a DEI hire, most definitely passing over much more qualified people in the process. Have you seen Ubi's hiring criteria going around the net right now. It does NOT help the optics of the situation at all.
You literally have zero clue how the lead writer is as a person, what is your defect? You have no idea what her expertise is in, they did get historical consultation, it was literally later than expected, Insider Gaming reported that themselves, insiders said it was higher-ups that forced them to go without historical experts until it was too late, why do you think it was delayed?

You don't understand how a game studio operates from what I can see in your post to me, you have no idea what that person's credentials are and you're just repeating what grifters want you to say.

About the hiring criteria, you don't even know what you're talking about, that is not hiring criteria, that is a MENTORSHIP program specifically meant for women and non binary individuals to get experience in that field, they are not being paid, they are not being hired.

Exicide

Veteran
2 Feb 2024
Calling others non-decent human beings while being a monetization director is..... kinda ironic.
Idk I feel like people harassing developers for their skin color, sex, gender, or sexuality is pretty indicative of a non-decent human being.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Dancing on graves has never been not fun and I hope the ubislop employees are polishing up their resumes for their uber eats delivery driver job applications.

I hope the they/thems provide employment to their fellow they/thems and ultimately the "talentless freaks" are winning I guess

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Idk I feel like people harassing developers for their skin color, sex, gender, or sexuality is pretty indicative of a non-decent human being.

Totally, I'd add harassing for any reason, not only the ones you listed. But being in a position where your main job is to find out ways to spill as much money as (legally) possible from your potential customers is pretty non-decent, too.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Exicide