Ubisoft is quitting Tokyo Game Show 2024 over 'multiple cirscumstances' (Update: Previews canceled, delay possible)

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Update:

Thanks to @Evilnemesis8

Ubisoft Japan have cancelled their planned TGS online stream due to 'various circumstances'" Via Genki a content creator from Japan

Ubisoft Japan Twitter:
Dear community Regarding our online exhibit at "TOKYO GAME SHOW 2024", scheduled to start at 3:00 p.m. on September 26th, we regret to inform you that due to various circumstances, we have decided to cancel our exhibit.
The currently ongoing giveaway campaign to commemorate the official release will continue.
We apologize for the short notice. We sincerely apologize to everyone who was looking forward to the release
Ubisoft Inc.

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Do yall think Ubisoft we’ll sell? Like fully sell off or sell parts (I think if they sold franchise to the higher bidder they could get much more then what there worth which rn looks to be around 2-3 billion)

Sony should see if Ubisoft sells of Tom Clancy. Getting the Tom Clancy ip/universe & getting Rainbow 6 Siege game/studio under PS studios would do wonders. Imagine a VR mode for R6 Siege similar to GT7. Also taking in the Tom Clancy Breakpoint/Wildlands that have experience in 3rd person tactical shooter & combine both Socom & Tom Clancy into 1 universe bolstering new life to Socom. Revive Socom & use iconic Tom Clancy characters to bolster Socom to compete w COD/Battlefield maybe make a side PVE mode for Socom like COD zombies maybe take influence to COD MW3 (2011) survival mode which was minimalistic but incredibly fun.

Idk as a huge Tom Clancy fan the ip/universe is worth near if not exceed 1.5 billion. The potential in singleplayer & multiplayer games to potential in cross media including tv shows, anime & movies to parks, merchandise/toys to extracting & monetizing the characters from Tom Clancy to other games such as Fortnite & collecting royalties from licensing.

Either way Ubisoft is fucked. There future is looking hella spooky

Reactions: Shadow2027

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
it is pretty clear why. they would be bashed there. it is a nightmare for PR. clowns are running away.
Them addressing the grifters just added fuel to the fire. Like I get it but idk it seems so overly pushed on from the anti woke. Like yeah having hip hop beats as the black characters fight in Japan is pretty crazy but personally I would never address people like grummz & those kinda people.

It’s a complete shit show for AC

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Ummm Ubi has fans in Japan? I dont know why we are frankly giving a mediocre at best company so much attention, They made a good game a decade and a half ago and give off peaked in high school energy nowadays with their games. Its not even about the anti woke crowd, Ubisoft as a company doesnt deserve to exist based on the type of games they shit out.

Reactions: toadsage44

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Do yall think Ubisoft we’ll sell? Like fully sell off or sell parts (I think if they sold franchise to the higher bidder they could get much more then what there worth which rn looks to be around 2-3 billion)

Sony should see if Ubisoft sells of Tom Clancy. Getting the Tom Clancy ip/universe & getting Rainbow 6 Siege game/studio under PS studios would do wonders. Imagine a VR mode for R6 Siege similar to GT7. Also taking in the Tom Clancy Breakpoint/Wildlands that have experience in 3rd person tactical shooter & combine both Socom & Tom Clancy into 1 universe bolstering new life to Socom. Revive Socom & use iconic Tom Clancy characters to bolster Socom to compete w COD/Battlefield maybe make a side PVE mode for Socom like COD zombies maybe take influence to COD MW3 (2011) survival mode which was minimalistic but incredibly fun.

Idk as a huge Tom Clancy fan the ip/universe is worth near if not exceed 1.5 billion. The potential in singleplayer & multiplayer games to potential in cross media including tv shows, anime & movies to parks, merchandise/toys to extracting & monetizing the characters from Tom Clancy to other games such as Fortnite & collecting royalties from licensing.

Either way Ubisoft is fucked. There future is looking hella spooky
There is no IP worth buying from them, maybe the tom clancy one but then again Sony refuses to make a Socom so why bother with a tom clancy based shooter. And trust me you dont want sony pictures anywhere near your favourite movie and tv ips

Reactions: toadsage44

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
According to dev channels on discord it's due to a staffing issue not surprising really pulling staff of projects to fly them half way around the world for a few days when they could just release trailers.

• haha
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
@John Elden Ring

Earlier today, Ubisoft canceled its online appearance at the Tokyo Game Show due to “various circumstances”; however, Insider Gaming has learned that Ubisoft has also canceled its press previews of Assassin’s Creed Shadows.

According to various sources, the Assassin’s Creed Shadows press previews were scheduled to take place next week, and the embargo date for the previews would be announced then.

Looks more like a game delay at this point?
TGS is one thing, but press event preview getting cancelled is a much larger deal.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
image.png

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I would be shocked if Ubisoft delays Assassin's Creed Shadows. It's going to be their money maker this holiday season since they have nothing else.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I would be shocked if Ubisoft delays Assassin's Creed Shadows. It's going to be their money maker this holiday season since they have nothing else.

I would too, November is a prime slot for a reason. They'll certainly get less initial sales if they ship it in Q1 2025 or something.
It won't be long till we get an understanding of what's going on, we're only Tuesday.

Reactions: peter42O

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
they probably saw the star wars game bombing due to bugs and the downgrade from the trailers and decided that this one needs more time in the oven

not the wishful thinking that some of you guys have

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Not a chance in hell is got2 development that far along.

I'm not sure what you're basing this on.

Ghost came out in 2020. This would be a 5 year development. Looking at God of War, Horizon, and Spider-Man, how is there not a chance in hell GOT2 development is that far along to come out 5 years after the first game?

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Update:

Thanks to @Evilnemesis8

Ubisoft Japan have cancelled their planned TGS online stream due to 'various circumstances'" Via Genki a content creator from Japan

Remember this comes in right after Ubisoft got caught ordering a fluff piece from the New York Times where they quote a supposed Japanese consultant to say only westerners are complaining about the game.

And then people found out that the "Japanese consultant" is actually a Sweet Baby Inc former employee living in the USA who also used to write for Polygon and Kotaku.
The same dude who wrote an opinion piece that links Animal Crossing to Japanese Colonialism.

So yeah, the Japanese are angry with Ubisoft and the game. Going to TGS wasn't going to be a good idea.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I dont know about the game getting cancelled or other such shit but these idiots fucked up by making a half torn down torii gate merchandise to be sold over there.

Torii gates are only constructed at their Buddhist and shinto shrines and the half torn down is especially egregious as it is the only such one in the whole country and an enduring legacy of the nagasaki bombing. It would be like Insomniac releasing a collectible where spiderman is swinging around the burning twin towers.

Leave it to the french to disrespect a whole religion followed up by a whole country. Truly a stain on humanity.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz