Ubisoft Isn't Bad... It's Infuriating by Raycevick

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Ppl libevtontalk about their games negatively but love to buy them.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I have hated their approach to game design pretty much since Prince of Persia 2008 and it's depressive that most open world games adopted it for this long.

Playing games shouldn't be about completing a boring checklist with an obvious pattern.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
For as much as I like to shit on Ubisoft and the recycle factory of open world junk from ass creed to ghost recon… they still deliver some good stuff with Division 1, The Crew and while you were weren’t looking Rainbow Six is the most played “traditional” shooter on the market.

Ubisoft has potential but when they milk a series or gametype it’s the absolute worst slogs of trash you can ever play.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
For as much as I like to shit on Ubisoft and the recycle factory of open world junk from ass creed to ghost recon… they still deliver some good stuff with Division 1, The Crew and while you were weren’t looking Rainbow Six is the most played “traditional” shooter on the market.

Ubisoft has potential but when they milk a series or gametype it’s the absolute worst slogs of trash you can ever play.
Those games are all nearing a decade old at this point.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Those games are all nearing a decade old at this point.

Siege is currently 4th on steam behind helldivers and 3rd on XBL behind Warzone. Granted f2p weekend helped the bump but it always holds strong especially considering CoD launcher shenanigans combining 3 separate games. Its age is irrelevant as long as it keeps up.

It’s no slouch and Ubisoft’s biggest winner.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Siege is currently 4th on steam behind helldivers and 3rd on XBL behind Warzone. Granted f2p weekend helped the bump but it always holds strong especially considering CoD launcher shenanigans combining 3 separate games. Its age is irrelevant as long as it keeps up.

Heard alot of gd things about it.through the years

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

Yeah, but you said they deliver good stuff. I see a company that hasn't delivered in years.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
As a Ubisoft fanboy, they miss here and there but the majority of their games hit for me. Sure, their open world structure is basic but is in pretty much every wide linear/open world game nowadays including those that get highly praised and yet, only Ubisoft gets called out for it. I'm super hyped for Star Wars Outlaws, Assassin's Creed Red, The Division Heartland, The Division 3, Black Flag Remake, Splinter Cell Remake and Assassin's Creed Hexe. So no major complaints here. 😂

Reactions: JAHGamer

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yeah, but you said they deliver good stuff. I see a company that hasn't delivered in years.

Pretty much. Besides Valhalla in 2020, Ubisoft hasn't delivered a commercial resounding success in years.
Assasin's Creed Mirage probably did very well for itself considering the reduced scope but that's about it.

If we look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubisoft_games:_2020–present
It's filled with straight bombas, already abandoned GaaS games and underperformers.

Reactions: Zzero

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
As a Ubisoft fanboy, they miss here and there but the majority of their games hit for me. Sure, their open world structure is basic but is in pretty much every wide linear/open world game nowadays including those that get highly praised and yet, only Ubisoft gets called out for it. I'm super hyped for Star Wars Outlaws, Assassin's Creed Red, The Division Heartland, The Division 3, Black Flag Remake, Splinter Cell Remake and Assassin's Creed Hexe. So no major complaints here. 😂
Same here, gamers really take Ubisoft for granted because they've been around so long. But they're easily one of the best and most consistent studios out

People complain about the bloat, but all of that is easily ignorable. AC Mirage was fire, the Crew was great, Prince of Persia Lost Crown is amazing, Avatar and Skull and Bones are decent and the new Star Wars game also looks amazing. I'm also looking forward to those games you mentioned

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Far Cry open world clone Avatar deservingly underperformed. And while I love the Crew 3 I haven’t seen anything to say it’s done better than the previous games. So yeah, they’re desperate for a new hit. Aside from the yearly asscreed copy and paste … without siege they’d be in deep shit.

It’s unfortunate Ubisoft is leveraging Star Wars and wasting Massive on licensed junk. Hopefully they take a few lessons from EA’s latest course correction and drop Disney.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Same here, gamers really take Ubisoft for granted because they've been around so long. But they're easily one of the best and most consistent studios out

People complain about the bloat, but all of that is easily ignorable. AC Mirage was fire, the Crew was great, Prince of Persia Lost Crown is amazing, Avatar and Skull and Bones are decent and the new Star Wars game also looks amazing. I'm also looking forward to those games you mentioned

A few games like The Crew I have never played since im not really into sports/racing games and I liked the story/characters and world in Mirage but wasn't into the combat/gameplay at all. Black Flag is my favorite AC game and the one that started it all for me personally but after Origins/Odyssey which are #2 and #3 for me respectively, I can't deal with the constant "can't climb this or can't climb that" which applies to games in general. I will definitely play The Lost Crown this summer. I beat Avatar. Rated it an 8/10. Visuals carry the game along with a solid story/characters and main missions were pretty good but combat and gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. You can't even aim down sights which baffled the hell out of me. Haven't played Skull & Bones mainly because instead of playing that, I would prefer to replay Black Flag for the 3rd time or play through Rogue a second time. Outlaws looks great. I just hope that the waypoint isn't connected to the compass because I hate the compass and turn it off in every game that has it. I only keep it on the screen if im forced to do so.

Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yea
A few games like The Crew I have never played since im not really into sports/racing games and I liked the story/characters and world in Mirage but wasn't into the combat/gameplay at all. Black Flag is my favorite AC game and the one that started it all for me personally but after Origins/Odyssey which are #2 and #3 for me respectively, I can't deal with the constant "can't climb this or can't climb that" which applies to games in general. I will definitely play The Lost Crown this summer. I beat Avatar. Rated it an 8/10. Visuals carry the game along with a solid story/characters and main missions were pretty good but combat and gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. You can't even aim down sights which baffled the hell out of me. Haven't played Skull & Bones mainly because instead of playing that, I would prefer to replay Black Flag for the 3rd time or play through Rogue a second time. Outlaws looks great. I just hope that the waypoint isn't connected to the compass because I hate the compass and turn it off in every game that has it. I only keep it on the screen if im forced to do so.
Yeah there's a few things thy implement tht I hate.

Reactions: peter42O