Ubisoft Massive’s open-world Star Wars game is reportedly planned for release by March 2024

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
FwwAVbhWIBY5Nhw

The title, which is in development at Ubisoft Massive, is scheduled for release during the company’s current fiscal year ending on March 31, 2024, according to two Kotaku sources.

However, they cautioned that the target is likely too ambitious, and said they expect the game’s release to ultimately be pushed to the following fiscal year ending in March 2025.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Why is it good? There's people that like star wars, it would be interesting to have a decent franchise MMO

I used to love Star Wars. Disney Wars is trash.

Going from Division to licensed Disney marvel brain garbage is a downgrade.

RIP Massive… stuck with licensed poop. Pass

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I used to love Star Wars. Disney Wars is trash.

Going from Division to licensed Disney marvel brain garbage is a downgrade.

RIP Massive… stuck with licensed poop. Pass

I can only disagree. Bar two mediocre movies (and I'm being nice), Star Wars under Disney has been ranging between ok (Kenobi) to Amazing (Rogue One).

I'm not sure if you have nostalgia glasses, but before Disney they released Clone Wars, which was ok and then became spectacular, the Prequel trilogy which, bar III, was pretty bad, and nothing else of note (except the expanded universe books).

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I can only disagree. Bar two mediocre movies (and I'm being nice), Star Wars under Disney has been ranging between ok (Kenobi) to Amazing (Rogue One).

I'm not sure if you have nostalgia glasses, but before Disney they released Clone Wars, which was ok and then became spectacular, the Prequel trilogy which, bar III, was pretty bad, and nothing else of note (except the expanded universe books).

Prequels actually had original ideas, unique art direction, technology and weren’t low effort remakes of the OT. It’s not Hoth.. that’s SALT!

I liked Rogue One. Andor was serviceable. Those are also low risk side stories that fit neatly into the original series. Anything original has been designed by committee trash writing.

They rewrote the story of Star Wars. Shit is an abomination. I used to legit love Star Wars. …no Lucas. No Star Wars.

ps - LucasArts would’ve made better Star Wars games than either EA or Ubisoft. LucasArts was a legit trailblazer in gaming too. Especially on the pc side. This all sucks.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Prequels actually had original ideas, unique art direction, technology and weren’t low effort remakes of the OT. It’s not Hoth.. that’s SALT!

I liked Rogue One. Andor was serviceable. Those are also low risk side stories that fit neatly into the original series. Anything original has been designed by committee trash writing.

They rewrote the story of Star Wars. Shit is an abomination. I used to legit love Star Wars. …no Lucas. No Star Wars.

ps - LucasArts would’ve made better Star Wars games than either EA or Ubisoft. LucasArts was a legit trailblazer in gaming too. Especially on the pc side. This all sucks.

Technically some of the stuff does not fit in the original story simply because Disney scrapped most of the expanded universe, which was cannon.

I think your hatred for Disney is clouding quality content. Rogue one is fantastic and head and shoulders the best movie. Andor is really good, the same with Mandalorian (though season 3 was not to the same standard).

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
They can make Star Wars but can’t finish off anything from their own studios like Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Technically some of the stuff does not fit in the original story simply because Disney scrapped most of the expanded universe, which was cannon.

I think your hatred for Disney is clouding quality content. Rogue one is fantastic and head and shoulders the best movie. Andor is really good, the same with Mandalorian (though season 3 was not to the same standard).

Expanded universe was not canon. There were tiers of canon in which everything gets overuled by lucas’ films or media.