Ubisoft Officially Launches Their Own Cloud Gaming Service to Public

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023

The service is starting small with a free trial of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. You can play for free right from a link in the Ubisoft Connect app on Windows – unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be a way (yet) to play from your Web Browser.

The games stream at 1080p and look quite good and “feel” extremely responsive. In the video above, @internetofgames praises the low latency. Overall, the fidelity is probably comparable to Xbox Cloud Gaming but not quite as impressive as GeForce NOW’s Ultimate tier.

Ubisoft clearly went to a lot of trouble to develop this functionality. Cloud gaming functionality integrated into a PC game store doesn’t just pop out of thin air.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

The service is starting small with a free trial of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. You can play for free right from a link in the Ubisoft Connect app on Windows – unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be a way (yet) to play from your Web Browser.

The games stream at 1080p and look quite good and “feel” extremely responsive. In the video above, @internetofgames praises the low latency. Overall, the fidelity is probably comparable to Xbox Cloud Gaming but not quite as impressive as GeForce NOW’s Ultimate tier.

Ubisoft clearly went to a lot of trouble to develop this functionality. Cloud gaming functionality integrated into a PC game store doesn’t just pop out of thin air.

I think it was known that Ubisoft partnered with Amazon Luna (which as I remember continues in beta and not available in EU) to use their streaming, and have a Ubisoft channel there.

azertydu91

4 Jul 2022
I think it was known that Ubisoft partnered with Amazon Luna (which as I remember continues in beta and not available in EU) to use their streaming, and have a Ubisoft channel there.
I think Luma is partially available in Europe, I'm in France and can play some amazon games on the cloud.

Reactions: Kokoloko