Ubisoft: The Division 2 Support Originally Planned to End in 2020; Game Was More Successful Than Anticipated

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
'More successful than anticipated' is a phrase you don't hear too much in gaming. It's kinda refreshing to see it....

There are many other games that deserve that outcome too!

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well, the game was released in 2019. Now in 2023 they announced another (5th) year/season with more features and content. As usual if not successful, they would have stopped the development of new post launch stuff very quickly.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
P

peter42O

I love The Division 2. Best third person cover based shooting out of them all in my opinion. Such an excellent game. Still want The Division 3 though.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Eh, this game is still done. They moved Massive onto making some by the numbers Star Wars trash.

P

peter42O

Eh, this game is still done. They moved Massive onto making some by the numbers Star Wars trash.

Massive is currently doing Avatar and then Star Wars. I'm looking forward to both. As for Division, they could always have Red Storm lead on an eventual third game even though I believe that they're working on Heartland right now.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Massive is currently doing Avatar and then Star Wars. I'm looking forward to both. As for Division, they could always have Red Storm lead on an eventual third game even though I believe that they're working on Heartland right now.

Heartland is pretty much positioned as Division 3 at the moment.

Correct, Massive is currently making licensed IP junk. It’s quite unfortunate.

I don’t think Division 2 can have a resurgence but I’ll be giving it a shot again this year anyway. Not without a proper current gen port.

P

peter42O

Heartland is pretty much positioned as Division 3 at the moment.

Correct, Massive is currently making licensed IP junk. It’s quite unfortunate.

I don’t think Division 2 can have a resurgence but I’ll be giving it a shot again this year anyway. Not without a proper current gen port.

Yeah, true. Shame Heartland can't be played solo because everything in the game appeals to me.

I'm looking forward to Avatar and Star Wars. Nothing wrong with licensed games. My most anticipated game for the rest of 2023 is Marvel''s Spider Man which is a licensed IP.

I'll be checking out the Descent game mode in June as it looks interesting. They did upgrade the game to 60FPS, faster loading times and better image quality. I don't really want them wasting time on a native port of a four year game. It looks excellent and plays excellent. Just give me more content and I will be happy.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Yeah, true. Shame Heartland can't be played solo because everything in the game appeals to me.

I'm looking forward to Avatar and Star Wars. Nothing wrong with licensed games. My most anticipated game for the rest of 2023 is Marvel''s Spider Man which is a licensed IP.

I'll be checking out the Descent game mode in June as it looks interesting. They did upgrade the game to 60FPS, faster loading times and better image quality. I don't really want them wasting time on a native port of a four year game. It looks excellent and plays excellent. Just give me more content and I will be happy.

Why wouldn’t heartland be playable solo?

Daytime maps are pve. At night it’s pvepvp

P

peter42O

Why wouldn’t heartland be playable solo?

Daytime maps are pve. At night it’s pvepvp

I watched the Division Day show last week and it was never said that you could play solo and researching it, I couldn't find any info verifying that it could be played solo. A lot of people have asked if it's playable solo and they will be doing Q&A videos soon so im hoping they verify if the game can be played solo or if you're required to play with others.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I watched the Division Day show last week and it was never said that you could play solo and researching it, I couldn't find any info verifying that it could be played solo. A lot of people have asked if it's playable solo and they will be doing Q&A videos soon so im hoping they verify if the game can be played solo or if you're required to play with others.

I’d be surprised if you couldn’t solo queue into daytime pve ops. I’d expect other friendlies to still be on the field. Requiring a party would be a mistake.

this could just be the division meets the survival genre… that’s kinda dope actually

I see the loot game being retained. I’ll watch again… but it doesn’t make sense to not give the players the ability to buildcraft while playing solo queue most of the time… I can’t see it not being solo queue friendly.

I’m looking forward to Heartland. I gotta admit. Hoping there’s traditional PvP in there too like division has. I would love to have a good PvP tps in some form. Division’s gunplay is decent enough for it… I guess

Last edited:
P

peter42O

I’d be surprised if you couldn’t solo queue into daytime pve ops. I’d expect other friendlies to still be on the field. Requiring a party would be a mistake.

this could just be the division meets the survival genre… that’s kinda dope actually

I see the loot game being retained. I’ll watch again… but it doesn’t make sense to not give the players the ability to buildcraft while playing solo queue most of the time… I can’t see it not being solo queue friendly.

I’m looking forward to Heartland. I gotta admit. Hoping there’s traditional PvP in there too like division has. I would love to have a good PvP tps in some form. Division’s gunplay is decent enough for it… I guess

I agree. I like the survival elements in the game and I do love the shooting/gameplay. We'll see if it can be played solo. I'm hoping it will be. I'm not expecting the game itself until 2024 so there's plenty of tim but hoping that Ubisoft announces if you can play it solo or not just so I know.