[UK Charts] GoW Ragnarok saw a third consecutive rise in sales week-on-week, up 38%, Zelda ToTK reclaims No.1 spot

Unchained

5 Dec 2022

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is back at the top of the UK boxed charts, despite a 19% week-on-week decline in sales.

The Switch exclusive fended off the debut of Electronic Arts' F1 23, which had to settle for the No.2 spot. The publisher has three titles in the Top Ten, thanks to the ongoing success of FIFA 23 and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.

Meanwhile, Diablo 4 – which dethroned Zelda after four weeks at No.1 – drops to No.3 in its second week, with sales down 69% compared to launch.

Elsewhere in the Top Ten, God of War Ragnarok saw a third consecutive rise in sales week-on-week, up 38% and propelling the title from No.7 to No.4.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land saw the biggest sales increase this week, shifting 145% more copies than the week prior thanks to price promotions. It re-enters the charts at No.20.

Here is the GfK UK Boxed Top Ten for the week ending June 17, 2023:

This WeekTitle
1The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
2F1 23
3Diablo 4
4God of War Ragnarok
5Hogwarts Legacy
6Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
7Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8FIFA 23
9Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
10Street Fighter 6

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Nice to see GoWR and SF6 there

Feel similar about GoW. Been noticing the legs (that top 10 in your country data is a nice snapshot) . A true killer app and probably the key piece of software that threw this gen in Sony’s favor.

Which is why Phil Spencer’s comment about an 11 out of 10 game was bullshit. The right game at the right time is a rocket on your back.

• they're_right_you_know
  • brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom and Helios

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Street Fighter 6 too low there for a new game

The roster are too small so many character missing

I think people are waiting for arcade edition

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Seems the discounted bundle for Ragnarok is moving some units?
Huh were still using this argument? Discount bundle? Can you prove all these numbers were only contributed by bundle discount?

You realize this argument can also be used for other game?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Huh were still using this argument? Discount bundle? Can you prove all these numbers were only contributed by bundle discount?

You realize this argument can also be used for other game?
How about you get a grip? Realized there's a question sign at the end of my comment? And what is wrong with bundles? I know the game saw a huge increase in sales when they did a discount on the bundle recently.... So I was WONDERING if the bundle was still boosting sales.

Relax.... You're acting like I was trying to be snide with my comment... Imagine being so insecure about a gaming machine.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
How about you get a grip? Realized there's a question sign at the end of my comment? And what is wrong with bundles? I know the game saw a huge increase in sales when they did a discount on the bundle recently.... So I was WONDERING if the bundle was still boosting sales.

Relax.... You're acting like I was trying to be snide with my comment... Imagine being so insecure about a gaming machine.
No one here is being insecure

Youre making a big mistake thinking that gow ragnarok sucess only contributed by bundle discount relax

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
No one here is being insecure

Youre making a big mistake thinking that gow ragnarok sucess only contributed by bundle discount relax
Where did I say the bundle is the only reason it's successful? Lmao

We are in a thread about weekly sales, so obviously my comment is about the sales of the week reported. Again stop being Insecure over a console.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Where did I say the bundle is the only reason it's successful? Lmao

We are in a thread about weekly sales, so obviously my comment is about the sales of the week reported. Again stop being Insecure over a console.
This fekin bundle talks are anoying

Lets just move on shall we

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yeah definitely paid a big role.

Imo they sent way too many ragnarok bundles to the UK, this should clear them out.

Ps5 sales should see decent jump worldwide with this discount + ff16. The quicker people are migrated to this gen the better.
Yeah it seems they made a lot of Ragnarok bundles in general. Probably trying to clear the channel for FF 16 as you said plus making room to allocate Spiderman bundles.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why should we move on? They literally discounted the Ragnarok bundle in major markets... It's part of the discussion.
Yes the Ragnarok bundle was on sale. They are making space for FF16 bundle and that's why it's charting so high.

Diablo 4 could not beat Zelda that's crazy.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes the Ragnarok bundle was on sale. They are making space for FF16 bundle and that's why it's charting so high.

Diablo 4 could not beat Zelda that's crazy.
I thought these charts didn't include bundles, or is that only Circana/NPD?