UNBOXING THE PLAYSTATION PORTAL

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's too big for my taste. It needs to be 2-3 inches less wide, give me a smaller 6.4" OLED screen and I'd probably buy it

• Peachy
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
It’s all about the seamlessly experience. Current remote play connection dance will not be accepted.

Last edited:
Reactions: BroodCorp
D

Deleted member 223

Whatever my reservations and criticisms are for this device, when placed next to a Steam Deck you do realize how bad Valve is at making ergonomic gaming hardware. Jaysus the Steam Deck is trash.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Whatever my reservations and criticisms are for this device, when placed next to a Steam Deck you do realize how bad Valve is at making ergonomic gaming hardware. Jaysus the Steam Deck is trash.
There's a massive difference in the thermal needs and physical size of the chipsets between the Portal and the Deck. The Steam Deck is about as ergonomic as a handheld PC can get. Just look at the other handheld PCs out there, they're all pretty much bricks with curved ends for handgrips.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Lol It’s obvious you’ve never held a Steam Deck before. Steam Deck Is heavy but it’s more comfortable and the ergonomics are better than Switch.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Only because the Portal isn’t meant to go anywhere but home. It’s not shaped like a very travel-worthy device.

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Between my Rog Ally and my Steamdeck the deck is a much better piece of hardware IMO and others. On topic, not a fan but if more people get into gaming because of this, fantastic

Reactions: Jim Ryan