Until Dawn coming to PS5 and PC on October 4th.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Preorders starting August 21th.
Day one on PC.

Expect the original PS4 game to be delisted soon from the store. At least from the PS5 store.

OP
OP
Orangee

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
It's October just like I said It will be, but I guess that's easily predictable lol

It looks slightly better here than on that awful State Of Play showing. It's low budget and It shows. Kinda reminds me of the MediEvil remake. Wonder what's the sale expectations are for this, probably not high.

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Day one on PC.

c6f.gif

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Played this last gen. So literally no reason for me to have this

Things like this make me think, how many people worked on this? For how long?

Unless this was made by a team of 10 people over a year, I would of preferred if they made something new.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why waste money on this? Just port to PC. What's with these "remakes" recently?
Yeah unless it took a very small team and quick turn around, I would of just got them to make something else.

OP
OP
Orangee

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Sell again at low cost, aswell as test out a brand new team, so they can acquire them If they do a good job. They can also sell It alongside the movie/tvshow hype for 70$, instead of selling it for 10$. Which is why they have already halted production for the PS4 game and will soon delist It from the digital store.

They are going to price that shit at 70$, no upgrade path for previous owners as you can see. It doesnt have to sell now, but it's something nice to have when they release the movie.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The original already looked very good, so the improvements aren't too big at least watching the youtube video in my 1080p laptop.

It's a 9 years old game with some tweaks and improvements.

Why waste money on this? Just port to PC.
I assume adding some extra improvements, changes and additions they can label it as remake and charge full price on it again and people accept it better. It's the same 9 years old game with some changes and tweaks, but selling it as remake makes some people consider it as a brand new release/game.

What's with these "remakes" recently?
In this particular case, I think they did it for 4 reasons:
  • The original one started as a PS3 PS Move title and was rebooted once or twice. So the code must be a mess and must use a very old engine version that maybe created issues when porting it now to modern PCs, so was a better option to rebuilt it.
  • There are hints that lead to think that Firesprite and Ballistic Moon may be working on a sequel. So to have the original updated and fresh would help them to research it and use it as base for the second, and also to test some of the new stuff they made for the sequel while getting some profit from it.
  • There's an upcoming Until Dawn movie, so may want to have the game fresh for PS and PC users when released
  • In terms of marketing, when releasing it on PC the messaging of "it's a new remake" sells better than "it's a port of a 9 years old game with some tweaks and minor improvements".

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The Remake become a marketing word.

It is the same game ported from Decima to Unreal Engine 5.

Is it enough to be called Remake? I don’t but take in mind that I consider Remake what Capcom do with Resident Evil games… and this one is not even close to that.

I don’t consider it a Remaster too.

Engine port fits perfectly... you gain an enhancement in 3D models offered by the new engine.
That is what you do when you port games… you have to shit Engine, APIs, etc but marauding the same base game.

Last edited:

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Would have nice to offer it free to us existing owners. Here is what's new:

Overhauled visuals rebuilt in Unreal Engine 5​

Our new Until Dawn experience has been built from the ground up using Unreal Engine 5. We have updated character models, environments, interactable props, visual effects, and animations, all designed to maximize the Until Dawn experience on both PS5 and PC.

We have completely relit the game to take advantage of Unreal Engine 5’s rendering features, including raytracing and enhanced materials, focusing on a more atmospheric and “modern horror” experience.

One of our key visual improvements for Until Dawn has been around revisiting the character models and bringing them in line with modern advances in character modeling and rendering. Improvements to textures, materials, rendering and animation performance have all contributed to higher fidelity characters who we hope will resonate with both new players and existing fans of the game.

We’ve used modern pre-rendering simulation techniques to create more realistic real time fluids and you can see all the gory glory of this particularly in our updated character deaths. We’ve also updated our injury mask system which allows us to add elements like cuts, bruises, tears, snow and water to the character’s bodies.

Revised cinematography, production design & new camera control mechanic​

By using a combination of fixed and over-the-shoulder camera views, you can now see the world of Until Dawn from entirely new perspectives. Blending the cinematography of the original with the introduction of a modern third-person camera, we hope to bring new life to characters and locations. The camera’s flexibility allows us to place new emphasis on important moments and tell the story from a view closer to the characters.

Reworked prologue​

Although we have committed to keeping the original narrative intact, we felt the Prologue would benefit from some adjustments to its narrative pacing. We’ve given the Washingtons extra screen time to explore their close family bond and get to know them a little better. We have also reframed some of the original scenes and developed the context around the infamous prank. We hope this enhances its emotional impact.

New collectibles​

For the collectors and explorers among you, keep your eyes peeled because we’ve relocated all the original totems to be found all over again. We’ve also added Hunger totems, a special new type of totem that holds a different kind of vision to the others. The game has also been sprinkled with new interactions and small new areas that hold them. This adds extra context and detail to the world of Until Dawn and rewards player exploration.

Customizable settings​

We are proud to implement new accessibility and usability settings that will help more players enjoy the game. Additionally, we’ve created a new optional alternative for the Don’t Move mechanic called Stay Calm. Stay Calm is for third party peripherals that do not feature a gyroscope or for players who prefer a different challenge.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
There is additional content and I'm hoping a surprise or two for previous players. Glad it's coming out before Halloween that it could be a big streaming hit around the time that watchers buy it. Smart idea to have the staff work on a similar type game first before the new studio (ex Until Dawn devs) bring us more quality storytelling unlike some of the Dark Picture Anthology games.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Would have nice to offer it free to us existing owners. Here is what's new:

Overhauled visuals rebuilt in Unreal Engine 5​

Our new Until Dawn experience has been built from the ground up using Unreal Engine 5. We have updated character models, environments, interactable props, visual effects, and animations, all designed to maximize the Until Dawn experience on both PS5 and PC.

We have completely relit the game to take advantage of Unreal Engine 5’s rendering features, including raytracing and enhanced materials, focusing on a more atmospheric and “modern horror” experience.

One of our key visual improvements for Until Dawn has been around revisiting the character models and bringing them in line with modern advances in character modeling and rendering. Improvements to textures, materials, rendering and animation performance have all contributed to higher fidelity characters who we hope will resonate with both new players and existing fans of the game.

We’ve used modern pre-rendering simulation techniques to create more realistic real time fluids and you can see all the gory glory of this particularly in our updated character deaths. We’ve also updated our injury mask system which allows us to add elements like cuts, bruises, tears, snow and water to the character’s bodies.

Revised cinematography, production design & new camera control mechanic​

By using a combination of fixed and over-the-shoulder camera views, you can now see the world of Until Dawn from entirely new perspectives. Blending the cinematography of the original with the introduction of a modern third-person camera, we hope to bring new life to characters and locations. The camera’s flexibility allows us to place new emphasis on important moments and tell the story from a view closer to the characters.

Reworked prologue​

Although we have committed to keeping the original narrative intact, we felt the Prologue would benefit from some adjustments to its narrative pacing. We’ve given the Washingtons extra screen time to explore their close family bond and get to know them a little better. We have also reframed some of the original scenes and developed the context around the infamous prank. We hope this enhances its emotional impact.

New collectibles​

For the collectors and explorers among you, keep your eyes peeled because we’ve relocated all the original totems to be found all over again. We’ve also added Hunger totems, a special new type of totem that holds a different kind of vision to the others. The game has also been sprinkled with new interactions and small new areas that hold them. This adds extra context and detail to the world of Until Dawn and rewards player exploration.

Customizable settings​

We are proud to implement new accessibility and usability settings that will help more players enjoy the game. Additionally, we’ve created a new optional alternative for the Don’t Move mechanic called Stay Calm. Stay Calm is for third party peripherals that do not feature a gyroscope or for players who prefer a different challenge.

So they are rebuilding the Prologue... that part is like a Remake should be.
Improved 3D models, textures, materials, etc and use of new techs are part of the engine port... you will take advantage of the new features of the new engine.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
People better expect that Uncharted 1 remake to release on PS5 & PC day 1 aswell as the rumor GOW trilogy. These games aren’t even being made for PS5 players or to bolster the PS platform & its storefront it’s just to release it to PC further helping j bolstering the Steam storefront & Steam hardware (Steamdeck).

PS releasing more PC games than PS console exclusive. And they said to expect only 1 major title for PS console per year. Nintendo gonna wipe Sony/PS off the playing field. Nintendo over here releasing a minimum of 5+ Nintendo games & in the last few years of the life cycle for the Switch there releasing like what 3-4 Nintendo games using there own ip from key franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: arvfab

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
There solely for the PC crowd. Wasting investment capital & time where they could be making a new game from a existing ip, a new ip or a remake/remaster of a more meaningful game for the actual PS console bolstering the lackluster PS5 generation. Seriously what exclusive does PS & PS5 even have, seems like there’s more PS PC game then actual exclusive from first party/ip own for the PS5 itself.

I genuinely don’t understand how Sony will be able to sell people on PS6 with the lackluster first party output & them releasing PC port. Looks like PS6 will be the first PS console that I fully skip unless it’s somehow extremely cheap just for physical but even then Nintendo console is a better choice since it’s cheap has the same PS 3rd party + it has true permanent exclusive games unlike PS or Xbox.

Reactions: arvfab

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
People better expect that Uncharted 1 remake to release on PS5 & PC day 1
I would love them to just skip UC1 Remake and do UC 1-4 all remade to take advantage of the PS5 Pro. Sell that for $70 for the entire package. Even though I played them all, and I don't like replaying games, I would replay those.