|UP| 1/24/24 Activision updates COD code of conduct to combat toxicity. Call of Duty team has issued a statement about matchmaking.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Activision updates Call of Duty code of conduct to combat toxicity​

In an update shared to the Call of Duty blog, the publisher clarified the behaviour it expected from players, updating its code of conduct to "better reflect [its] commitment to combating the use of [its] games to promote discrimination or violence."

Ex-Activision exec accuses publisher of discriminating against

This update focused on refining the "Treat Everyone with Respect" pillar of its code of conduct, highlighting that it does not tolerate "bullying or harassment, including derogatory comments based on race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, culture, faith, mental or physical abilities, or country of origin, or the amplification of any person, agenda, or movement that promotes discrimination or violence based on the above."

Rules regarding cheating were also updated, with Activision Blizzard reminding players that they are responsible for the actions on their accounts, and that "the use of cheats, including third-party software, is unacceptable" as noted on the Values section of its website.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Ever since Capcom revealed they match ragequiters with one another I’ve wondered what other games have similar things going on in the background of matchmaking.
Fortnite is famous for doing it, I had thought. Funny enough, its only games with large and healthy communities which could even do it, due to the size of the pools they could be drawing from, so this helps the big get bigger.

Reactions: BroodCorp

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Ironic that they're saying this when this franchise literally promotes video game violence on top of the assassination moves they add in to purchase. Using an RC Helicopter to decapitate someone etc etc. This is literally a losing battle for them.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Ever since Capcom revealed they match ragequiters with one another I’ve wondered what other games have similar things going on in the background of matchmaking.
There was another shooter that hellbans cheaters into matches populated only by cheaters. I laughed my ass off at that. I can’t recall which one it was.

Reactions: BroodCorp