Upcoming Circana (NPD) sales results dates - Matt Piscatella

24 Jun 2022
I've seen some supposed global numbers and if they're true...oh my goodness, talk about a blowout.

We're talking more than 3:1, folks...again that's if said numbers are true. Dunno what source is getting them, I just know the Hunter dude on Twitter regularly posts the charts.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I've seen some supposed global numbers and if they're true...oh my goodness, talk about a blowout.

We're talking more than 3:1, folks...again that's if said numbers are true.

The US has always been the market where Xbox is the closest, so a 2.7-8 to 3:1 PS vs Xbox is really quite bad.

The numbers you might've seen are from the various tracking organizations from UK/EU/JP and yes, some of these markets are showing a ridiculous differential between PS and Xbox. Xbox lack of 2022 big titles and 2023's pretty lackluster quality of those bigger titles have cratered the demand for the console worldwide even better discount deals compared to PlayStation in many regions hasn't helped that much.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

We're talking more than 3:1, folks...again that's if said numbers are true. Dunno what source is getting them, I just know the Hunter dude on Twitter regularly posts the charts.
Where did you see it?

The only thing i've seen are ampheres estimates.

Hunter recently posted vgcharts numbers afaik.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Retailers were practically begging customers to take a Series S home, so if it didn't impact sales, oh boy...

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Let's see if discounted Xbox's increased demand in any considerable way. Prediction: Nope