Updated 1/3/24 Granblue Fantasy: Relink PS5 demo launches Jan 24. Around 20-40 hours to complete main game, has gone gold. Boss trailer.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1703341601236.png

Cagliostro will be a playable character in action RPG Granblue Fantasy: Relink, and Seofon and Tweyen will join the roster as playable characters via a free update in April 2024, publisher Cygames and developer Cygames Osaka announced.

Cygames also revealed the Granblue Fantasy: Relink theme song “Good Night, Good Morning,” which is sung by Nao Toyama, and announced that a free demo will be available for PlayStation

Also...

Updated Jan 3, 2024

Granblue Fantasy: Relink - Official Boss Battles Gameplay Trailer

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

How Long to Beat Granblue Fantasy: Relink - 20 hours main story and see the credits roll, main story and side quests, players should expect a runtime of 40 hours, completionists 80 to 100 hours​

How Long to Beat Granblue Fantasy: Relink​

It will take players 20 hours to beat Granblue Fantasy: Relink’s main story and see the credits roll. To beat the main story and side quests, players should expect a runtime of 40 hours. However, it will take completionists 80 to 100 hours to beat absolutely everything the game has to offer. This is because, upon beating the main story, players will unlock even more quests, which will add an additional 40 hours to the runtime.

There are also endgame activities, such as fighting huge bosses, for players to look forward to once they’ve reached the level cap of 100. Additionally, players can experience all of the multiplayer missions with up to 3 friends online, adding even more replayability. With several playable characters to control, there is plenty of content for players to get through. Comparatively, Granblue Fantasy: Versus takes 6 hours to beat, and Granblue Fantasy: Versus Rising takes 12. This makes Granblue Fantasy: Relink the longest game in the franchise outside of the mobile game.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
We've seen a lot of 30-40~ hours for mainquest + a bit of sidequest to be the average for most (J)RPGs in recent years.
Seems like that's what their internal data says is the sweet spot to appeal the most potential audience.
Anecdotally If I look online and at my friend group and what they seem to say, that checks out.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We've seen a lot of 30-40~ hours for mainquest + a bit of sidequest to be the average for most (J)RPGs in recent years.
Seems like that's what their internal data says is the sweet spot to appeal the most potential audience.
Anecdotally If I look online and at my friend group and what they seem to say, that checks out.
As long as the combat is good and rewarding it can be 50, 70 hours and I'd love it. I tend to replay RPGs that have great combat for close to 100 hours or more.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GChvQtAaYAAa-Ib

Granblue Fantasy Relink has finally gone gold, according to Director, Yasuyaki Kaji

“Thanks to your support, we were finally able to complete Granblue Fantasy Relink, which we have been developing for a long time”

- GBF Relink was 1st revealed in 2016!

Source

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
famitsu interviews link

おかげさまで長らく開発してきた『グランブルーファンタジー リリンク』を、ついに完成させることができました! できる限り多くのユーザーの皆様に遊んでいただきたいという思いでいっぱいです。そして、つぎに向かって新しいことも始めていっています。自身にとってひさしぶりのタイトル発売と、新規タイトルの走り出しを全力で楽しんでいきたいと思っています!!

『グランブルーファンタジー リリンク』が2024年2月1日に発売となります! アクションゲーム初心者の方も上級者の方も、本気で楽しめる内容に仕上がっています! 最大4人でのマルチプレイも可能です! ぜひプレイしてください! よろしくお願いします!!

『グランブルーファンタジー』10周年。10周年という記念すべき年に『リリンク』が発売できることになりました。IP全体がどういう盛り上がりを見せるのか、とても注目しています。自分自身も一ユーザーとして、この大きなお祭りに参加して楽しんでいけたらと思っています。
In an interview with Famitsu, game director Yasuyuki Kaji of Cygames says the following:

"
Thanks to your support, we have finally completed "Granblue Fantasy Relink" which we have been developing for a long time! We are very much looking forward to having as many users as possible play the game. We are also starting new things for the next stage of development. I am looking forward to enjoying the release of my first title in a long time and the start of a new title with all my energy!

Granblue Fantasy Relink" will be released on February 1, 2024! The game is designed to be a real treat for both action game beginners and advanced players! Multiplayer play for up to 4 players is also available! Please play it! Best regards!

This is the 10th anniversary of "Granblue Fantasy", and we are very happy to be able to release "Relink" in this memorable year of the 10th anniversary, and I am very excited to see how the IP as a whole will take off. As a user myself, I hope to participate in and enjoy this big festival."

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Preordered as its a project i want to support but god damn between that, like a dragon, persona 3 Reload and FF7 Rebirth, gotta pick one at a time but the homescreen will be glorious with all 4 loaded.
Also why did sega release both games on top of each other

• they're_right_you_know

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Preordered as its a project i want to support but god damn between that, like a dragon, persona 3 Reload and FF7 Rebirth, gotta pick one at a time but the homescreen will be glorious with all 4 loaded.
I dropped the sega stuff since its on sub services, will pick them up later when they're on deep sale

• thisistheway

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'm more worried about Helldivers 2, Suicide Squad and Pacific Drive all coming the same month (+ Rebirth of course as you mentioned).

Sega doesn't exist. They chose their fate.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Granblue Fantasy: Relink - Official Boss Battles Gameplay Trailer