Updated 1/4/24 News anchor diminishing accomplishment. A 13-year-old is the first human to beat Tetris

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Willis Gibson, at just 13 years old, became the first human player to manage the feat and trigger the "True Killscreen" late last month by scoring a single line on level 157, which has a high chance of causing a crash. Yet, other records await conquest.

For example, no one has yet crashed Tetris at the earliest theoretical opportunity by scoring a single upon transitioning to level 155. Pros could also try to speedrun the crash or get the highest possible score before it. However, the ultimate goal in Tetris may be avoiding a crash until reaching level 255, at which point it starts over at level 0. Machines have demonstrated precisely how it can be done, but whether it's humanly possible remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Elden Ring

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Tetris is the greatest video game of all time but I don't understand why people still enjoy playing the NES version really, particularly kids who didn't play it when they were younger. I wish they would release the other Grand Master games on PSN.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
This article sounds like it was written by a non-gamer. It doesn't even specify which version of Tetris, which should affect stuff like crashes.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
This article sounds like it was written by a non-gamer. It doesn't even specify which version of Tetris, which should affect stuff like crashes.

The article makes it quite clear the NES version is the topic of discussion if the photographs and videos weren't enough

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The article makes it quite clear the NES version is the topic of discussion if the photographs and videos weren't enough
Oh yeah, OPs fault for only transcribing the girst two paragraphs then.

Edit: I start reading the article and immediately become pissed off again because its clear they just plagiarized a single youtube video to make the article. You can't just link to a source after using all of its data and think that's good enough, it isn't.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oh yeah, OPs fault for only transcribing the girst two paragraphs then.

Edit: I start reading the article and immediately become pissed off again because its clear they just plagiarized a single youtube video to make the article. You can't just link to a source after using all of its data and think that's good enough, it isn't.
Click tht article my friend.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I did, it still sucks but for a different reason. You should have just posted a link to the youtube article the author took all of his information from.
Ohhhhh I saw/see no youtube article.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It has been funny seeing the world of competitive tetris be ruled by Jonas Neubbaeur(R.I.P) for such a long time until 2018 when he lost to Joseph Saelee and from then on it's all been teenagers or young adults who've won due to the new optimal ways of using the controllers discovered in the last few years.

First came hyper tapping and then rolling, you need them young hands to perform.

• Informative
Reactions: Gamernyc78