Updated 1/5/24 Teaser vid (30 secs). The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered No Return line up revealed plus hands on previews..

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1701792876781.png

While the game's initial announcement trailer gave us an idea of some of the characters we will be able to play as during No Return, it didn't paint the whole picture. That has changed now.

In a post on the PlayStationUK social media feed, the company has listed No Return's roster (again, some characters will need to be unlocked before you can play as them).

This is as follows:
  • Abby
  • Dina
  • Ellie
  • Jesse
  • Lev
  • Manny
  • Mel
  • Tommy
  • Yara
  • AND Joel
In addition, we now also have a price for The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered on PlayStation 5. As we already knew, there will be a $10 (and I am presuming a £10) upgrade path if you already own Part 2 on PS4.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

The fights themselves can feel a little similar within each mode, but there’s a whole host of systems that aim to push you out of your combat comfort zone during them. For starters, the character you use, weapons you have, and skills you’ve unlocked can drastically influence how you play. On one run as Abby, I unlocked an upgrade that healed me every time I dealt melee damage, letting me satisfyingly brute force my way through many fights and incentivizing me to invest in even more close-quarters tech. Meanwhile, a run with Ellie (the other character unlocked by default) let me buy a hunting rifle from the shop between encounters early on, pushing me more toward taking longer shots. In contrast, Lev starts with a bow for a focus leaning toward stealth, while Yara actually also has Lev there to help out on every mission.

That said, the one place No Return did leave me a little wanting was in its run length. I loved that there were actual build paths to explore, each with a different gameplay flavor to discover and tailor your playstyle toward for a given run - but there also didn’t seem like a whole lot of time to really let those builds develop. With only five trips back to base before the boss, strategies have to come together quickly, and then your run is already wrapping up as soon as they do. That could make a run easier to casually dip into on an afternoon, but if this were a standalone roguelike, this encounter tree feels like it would probably be the first of multiple in a row to allow more time to really hone your build.

D

Deleted member 223

Hate buying remasters or remakes unless they truly justify them but I'm weak for ND games and this has me interested. Scope is obviously limited but the gameplay is so good.