Updated with article. Stocks going higher. Nintendo shares top their Wii-era highs from 2007. Nintendo doing what they do!

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Shares of Nintendo reached as high as 7,902 yen ($54), helping the company’s market capitalisation surpass 10 trillion yen ($69 billion) for the first time since November 2007.

The Nikkei Stock Average was up 2.01% on Wednesday to close at its highest level since February 1990.

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Stock price aside, I think Nintendo is currently in a very important/pivotal time.
Switch is raking in the profits and provided they can start strong with the successor, they would be in an amazing place.
Key growth in recent years has been the Asian market.

But it's not just video games. Slowly but surely they've grown horizontally in the last few years. More Nintendo stores, more amusement parks/making existing one bigger most recently they've into the movie business. Depending on how they play their cards they could become an even bigger ever present worldwide brand.

It's crazy when you look at Nintendo's beginning as a playing card maker in the late 1800s and seeing where the company is today.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Stock price aside, I think Nintendo is currently in a very important/pivotal time.
Switch is raking in the profits and provided they can start strong with the successor, they would be in an amazing place.
Key growth in recent years has been the Asian market.

But it's not just video games. Slowly but surely they've grown horizontally in the last few years. More Nintendo stores, more amusement parks/making existing one bigger most recently they've into the movie business. Depending on how they play their cards they could become an even bigger ever present worldwide brand.

It's crazy when you look at Nintendo's beginning as a playing card maker in the late 1800s and seeing where the company is today.
No bloat, conservative, don't take much risk and keep churning out established ips and remakes=$$$. I'm not a big Nintendo fan anymore for many reasons but what they are doing works.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Good. I do wish Nintendo would take more risks, but they can’t bleed money and stay in business at the same time, like Microsoft.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
A company that understands their role and place in a competitive market and understands their own value and strengths. Good for them!

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Honestly I feel like this is closing the barn door after the horse is out. Should have invested in 2018.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
“Nintendo doing what they do” of course meaning price-gouging for obsolete tech and McDonald’s-level child-exploiting marketing practices.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm very curious about what the Switch 2 will be, you never know with Nintendo.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
“Nintendo doing what they do” of course meaning price-gouging for obsolete tech and McDonald’s-level child-exploiting marketing practices.
"Child-exploiting marketing" as in making games that kids want to play? The amount of dumb bullshit that comes out of your mouth gets bigger and bigger by the day.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Underpowered compared to competitors guaranteed, tht much we know is coming
Probably even underperforming for its own specs. Even docked, the chipset in the Switch is underclocked compared to reference.

It’s really a piss-off that the OLED could actually run 50% faster than the original model, but Nintendo made the choice not to allow it to perform better.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is great for them... I still have no clue why people buy Nintendo Switches 🤷🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️.
I bought mine bcus I love new tech. I played it for two weeks and hvnt since smh. I mean for other ppl they have fun games ppl enjoy it just isn't for me.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I bought mine bcus I love new tech. I played it for two weeks and hvnt since smh.
I feel bad that my wife got me RingFit Adventure but due to my back I haven’t really used it.

I mainly play SEGA AGES games, cheapo indies and Vampire Survivors on mine, and I feel bad I use it so little, but with games being equal to PS5 games in price, it’s hard as hell to justify buying stuff on Switch.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I bought mine bcus I love new tech. I played it for two weeks and hvnt since smh. I mean for other ppl they have fun games ppl enjoy it just isn't for me.
Yup, the only reason I don't have one is that I had so many portable gaming devices that I never used over the years that I had to control myself.

I know for other people, but having played it on occasion I can confirm I'm not longer a Nintendo fan... In don't get it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yup, the only reason I don't have one is that I had so many portable gaming devices that I never used over the years that I had to control myself.

I know for other people, but having played it on occasion I can confirm I'm not longer a Nintendo fan... In don't get it.
Control is good. Xbox X was down to $300 and I was tempted simply bcus it's tech I don't have but I know I'll never play it smh so decided against it.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

The only Nintendo game I have paid for on Switch is RingFit. Everything else from them I play is their freebies like Tetris 99, and the rest of my library is third-party.

I’d be interested in the Xenoblade games if they weren’t all still so expensive, and even in the holiday sale the discounts were lousy on old first-party games.

Nothing else from Nintendo is of any interest to me for a very long time now.