Upgrading from Game Pass Core to Ultimate just got pricier

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Microsoft changed the Xbox Game Pass Core conversion ratio from 3:2 to 2:1, meaning that now 2 Core months can only get you 1 month as an Ultimate subscriber should you want to upgrade.

“For example, 90 days remaining of Xbox Game Pass Core will convert to 45 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate time,” says Microsoft in the newly-updated Xbox support page.

Before this, folks were able to purchase discounted Game Pass Core codes and convert them to Game Pass Ultimate at the old 3:2 ratio

Last edited:

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Sounds confusing tbh and consumers hate confusion. They are going to need to release games on PS5 at a faster pace in order to continuously show positive YoY results. Gamepass is a failure.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko and Zzero

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Once my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PlayStation Plus Premium expire, I am doing PlayStation Plus Essential and Xbox Game Pass Core. I never bother with the games on those services because I just buy them anyway. I just want the online.

It's all too confusing and a waste of money IMO.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
All those people who stocked up before the price changes only have themselves to blame.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Sounds confusing tbh and consumers hate confusion. They are going to need to release games on PS5 at a faster pace in order to continuously show positive YoY results. Gamepass is a failure.
I really hate the trainwreck that is Xbox live service pricings and tiers. Its just such an embaressment.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony take notes on how to further screw over PS+ subs next year with a 40% incresase

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Sony take notes on how to further screw over PS+ subs next year with a 40% incresase

You will probably still find people like our resident ChatGPT accounts who will find excuses like "you need to understand that this is the only way poor Hulst can feed his children on his Yacht" or "somehow PlayStation has to make up for the GaaS players of their games on PC who don't pay to play online".

• thisistheway
Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Subscriptions are just Bait and Switch, always.

Xbox Players thought they play every game for $9,99 per Month.

Now they don't.
Well PS+ and Game Pass aren't alike one was done out of necessity to attempt to devalue consumers buying power and potentially making developers and pubs their bitch.

PS+ I've always been fond of especially since they started the instant Game collection back / monthly stuff back on PS3. I still think the services offers value but it's no longer feeling like great value.

With more and and more stuff Going free to play, they will get more and more slimy with pricing.

Reactions: arvfab

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
You will probably still find people like our resident ChatGPT accounts who will find excuses like "you need to understand that this is the only way poor Hulst can feed his children on his Yacht" or "somehow PlayStation has to make up for the GaaS players of their games on PC who don't pay to play online".
How else will Sony be able to afford to raise prices while making sure Totoki and his shareholder friends get their yearly bonuses?

Someone has to offset the nonstop profit losses for the failed PC initiative as well 😁

Reactions: arvfab

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
As someone who prefers subscriptions as the way to play games day one, this doesn't affect me whatsoever and am currently subscribed to Ultimate until July 2027. Let's go baby!! 😂

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
Well PS+ and Game Pass aren't alike one was done out of necessity to attempt to devalue consumers buying power and potentially making developers and pubs their bitch.

PS+ I've always been fond of especially since they started the instant Game collection back / monthly stuff back on PS3. I still think the services offers value but it's no longer feeling like great value.

With more and and more stuff Going free to play, they will get more and more slimy with pricing.
I think PS Plus is just a complementary offering, for the people who want the extra/premium perks.
They don't fully rely on it, and shouldn't.

As someone who prefers subscriptions as the way to play games day one, this doesn't affect me whatsoever and am currently subscribed to Ultimate until July 2027. Let's go baby!! 😂
So you just got cheap conversions, and don't want to support the service you rely on either. This is the best case example of why Xbox/Gamepass is failing.

Even their "Fans" don't want to pay for it, or support it.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
So you just got cheap conversions, and don't want to support the service you rely on either. This is the best case example of why Xbox/Gamepass is failing.

Even their "Fans" don't want to pay for it, or support it.

No conversion. $15 per month which is the original price before it increased the first time. Amazon has those 3 month cards still available for the old price. I simply stacked three years worth because I know those cards won't stay $15 per month for much longer. So I did actually spend $540 for the entire three years but if I were to buy the games in just the first year alone, I would go past the $540 so easily worth the money upfront as I will be saving money in the long term and im set, don't have to worry or be bothered signing up or if there's another price increase and whatnot.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I think PS Plus is just a complementary offering, for the people who want the extra/premium perks.
They don't fully rely on it, and shouldn't.
That would be the case if they weren't tying online gaming to it.