Valorant is taking screenshot of your PC while you are playing

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Vanguard takes screenshots. It can capture your entire screen, overlays and all, that means even your Discord chats might get caught. What’s more, it has the capability to switch to full screen mode, capturing your whole desktop, which then gets uploaded directly to their servers.

If you are an EU user for example, you might find your data ending up on a US server:

"Vanguard takes screenshots. It can capture your entire screen, overlays and all, that means even your Discord chats might get caught. What’s more, it has the capability to switch to full screen mode, capturing your whole desktop, which then gets uploaded directly to their servers.
"This module will take a screenshot based on parameters sent by vanguard servers.
If vanguard has nothing against you it will have the parameter
window_title = 'VALORANT'"

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I downloaded 135 GB for destiny yesterday and it asked me to install an additional program for anti cheat. Evil eye or something... turns out it has kernel level access. Hell no!! These aggressive anti cheat systems are too much.

Thankfully I don't play many multiplayer games.

Reactions: Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I downloaded 135 GB for destiny yesterday and it asked me to install an additional program for anti cheat. Evil eye or something... turns out it has kernel level access. Hell no!! These aggressive anti cheat systems are too much.

Thankfully I don't play many multiplayer games.
I was also very irritated with Valorant's kernel-level access anti-cheat, everyone kept saying: "Oh, it's just for better cheat detection" or whatever. I only played the game a few times with friends once every 6 months. I will happily uninstall it now and never again.