Valve Bans 90,000 ‘Dota 2’ Smurf Accounts

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
960x0.png

found to be smurf accounts, which are typically accounts players will make to allow them to play at a lower skill level. Since then almost every major Dota 2 community hub, especially the sub-Reddit, has been filled with people either trying to justify their smurfing or claiming they never did, and it’s hilarious to finally see these people get some punishment.

In a blog post the Dota 2 dev team revealed that the 90,000 accounts were just smurf accounts that have been active in recent months, so are probably just a small percentage of the total number of smurf accounts ever used. They also revealed that they had traced every one of these accounts back to the main account of the person who used it, and they have all been sent a warning.

Going forward, any main account that is found to be associated with a smurf account will get some kind of punishment, that can be as small as adjustments to your behavior score through to outright account bans.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This is why I often say that Steam / Valve numbers mean very little.

They have sock accounts for every game, someone may and more than likely has several accounts.

I know that many people offer Destiny 2 services and similar services for other games and they all use sock accounts to earn money helping people go flawless or get a win in battle royale etc.

Then, everyone with a PC can register for a Steam account... so anyone with an old Gateway 2000 from 1998 can say they are a PC gamer, even if they are not buying modern games.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
This is why I often say that Steam / Valve numbers mean very little.

They have sock accounts for every game, someone may and more than likely has several accounts.

I know that many people offer Destiny 2 services and similar services for other games and they all use sock accounts to earn money helping people go flawless or get a win in battle royale etc.

Then, everyone with a PC can register for a Steam account... so anyone with an old Gateway 2000 from 1998 can say they are a PC gamer, even if they are not buying modern games.
What Destiny 2 services were you inquiring about Bryank? 😉

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
10+ clears be hurting folks out there... I know.

B4 every raid:

Does everyone here know what to do?

Yes Yes.... Silence.

Um... that's about 2 Yes only.

New question. Has anyone here not completed this raid before?

Silence.

Look, if you haven't completed this raid just say it, it's OK.

Silence.

Assign roles.

Ok... lets give it a try.

Few minutes later...

⚰️☠️☠️⚰️

:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Last edited: