Interesting (New?) Gaming Show for Independant Studios “iii Initiative". Slay the Spire 2, Vampire Survivors and more.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
logo

iii-initiative-horizontal

A digital showcase for triple-i games
  • Get ready for a collaborative event showcasing among the best independent video games with 30+ announcements, drops and reveals from Studios in charge of Vampire Survivors, Slay the Spire, Darkest Dungeon, Hyper Light Drifter and many, many more!This new 45-minute showcase will stream April 10th at 10am PT
  • April 10th
  • 10 am pdt / 1pm edt / 7pm cest
  • More info: https://iii-initiative.com
  • YouTube Link

Could be interesting - thought I would share and put up some video links post show ...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Sloane_Ranger

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Some of the Games Shown:

Slay the Spire II: PC + Consoles
Risk of Rain II : PC + Consoles
Kill Knight: PS5, Steam, 2024
Shadows of Doubt: PS5, Steam, 2024
My Time in Sandrock
Dino Lords: Steam
Vampire Survivors: Coming to Playstation in 2024 + DLC on May 9th
Flintlock Siege of Dawn
Never Alone 2:
Cataclismo: From makers of Moonlighter - PC only
Endzone 2
Norland
Darkest Dungeon II: Kingdoms new game mode
Broken Roads: PC & COnsoles available now

Greatmix of Sidescrollers, ARPGs, Top down Survival, Strategy, and more. Too many to list right now. Definately worth a watch. I will add individula videos as available (but please add if you find one first!)

OP
OP
Sloane_Ranger

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
A few more interesting trailers and one dev commentary (Flintlock Siege of Dawn)

OP
OP
Sloane_Ranger

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Darkest Dungeon II announced a new FREE game mode “Kingdoms” coming in 2024

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Some of these games do look interesting but man, even the indie space is running out of ideas

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Vampire survivors was not on PlayStation? That is a pretty addictive game. Probably the highlight among all those games. It sold like crazy on steam.

PD I love how these indie games release on PS5/Series consoles only and then switch. I am sure there's still a sizable number of PS4 and Xbox one owners that could play those games.

• party
Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Holy holy holy shit the absolute highlight of the show. Previously a PC exclusive, but now with a chance to make bank on PS5. This is going to be amazing. An immersive sim sci-fi noir detective game? Fuck yeah sign me up
Also Broken Roads was announced to be live on Consoles/PC during the show:

Lowlight. Was so looking forward to this but it sounds like it came out fundamentally poorly designed.

• Shake
Reactions: Sloane_Ranger
OP
OP
Sloane_Ranger

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Holy holy holy shit the absolute highlight of the show. Previously a PC exclusive, but now with a chance to make bank on PS5. This is going to be amazing. An immersive sim sci-fi noir detective game? Fuck yeah sign me up
I had never even heard of this game - looks right up my alley. There is actually another (kind) of similar one also coming this year (detective + horror) - its caled Holstin. Here a vid (not from the show)

Had not heard anything about Broken Roads - being “Broken” I’ll go youtube it and see what people are saying about how it landed.

• Informative
Reactions: Cool hand luke