Warhammer: Space Marine 2 has sold 2 million copies

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's good. I feel like it was a bit overhyped, especially as a Helldivers competitor, in no way does it scratch that same itch. Gameplay isn't immergent enough.

I do love that the dev was bold enough to do Campaign, Coop, and PvP. But then this reminds me when you spread yourself too thin, you'll be the master of none.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
It's good. I feel like it was a bit overhyped, especially as a Helldivers competitor, in no way does it scratch that same itch. Gameplay isn't immergent enough.

I do love that the dev was bold enough to do Campaign, Coop, and PvP. But then this reminds me when you spread yourself too thin, you'll be the master of none.

Does the game include a campaign? Or is it multiplayer only?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Does the game include a campaign? Or is it multiplayer only?
Campaign, im a few hours in and I’m hearing it’s about a dozen hours, which is pretty solid.

If you want a gorgeous campaign with good voice acting I think it’s worth it just for that. But as I said earlier don’t expect too much from the gameplay here, it’s pretty by the numbers. I don’t think game should be looked at as some live service.

Al Catone

Whiskers
Staff member
18 Jun 2024
I made a start last night, enjoying it - There have been some really awesome clutch moments

Reactions: Sircaw

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
My PC isnt happy with this. :D

My CPU is showing its age after 4 years. Can't get over 75 fps no matter what I try and when thing get hectic it drops to 45ish FPS.
But the game is pure magic! Seeing swarms of enemies coming at you and lining up shots to blow them to kingdom come is just too awesome!

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Hmm lower than I expected, I thought the dudebro shooter crowd would show up in droves. The game deserves many more sales and if they keep adding more co-op missions based on the famous battles in W40k then it will become the definitive game for W40k fans

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Hmm lower than I expected, I thought the dudebro shooter crowd would show up in droves. The game deserves many more sales and if they keep adding more co-op missions based on the famous battles in W40k then it will become the definitive game for W40k fans
For me its my first Warhammer game and i LOVE it to bits. It's gritty and balls to the wall.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
That’s because the predictions made were way off the mark as usual here. Look for any shooter launch on steam — this is actually pretty successful compared to most of them. They don’t do anything similar to baldur’s gate, 2077 or Wukong. Especially if they’re not full fledged live service too.

I’m surprised it broke 100k in early accsss. Reaching 2 million a single day into its street launch is impressive as well. It also reviewed better than I thought tbh.

Helldivers comparisons are also dumb but I can’t say I’ve ever seen that comparison anywhere unless you have no idea what you’re looking at.

With that said, I way prefer something like this over Helldivers — because there’s actually a single player component too.

Last edited:

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
That’s because the predictions made were way off the mark as usual here. Look for any shooter launch on steam — this is actually pretty successful compared to most of them. They don’t do anything similar to baldur’s gate, 2077 or Wukong. Especially if they’re not full fledged live service too.

I’m surprised it broke 100k in early accsss. Reaching 2 million a single day into its street launch is impressive as well. It also reviewed better than I thought tbh.

Helldivers comparisons are also dumb but I can’t say I’ve ever seen that comparison anywhere unless you have no idea what you’re looking at.

With that said, I way prefer something like this over Helldivers — because there’s actually a single player component too.
will they be adding non Story PVE horde modes you know of?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Played more last night and now i'm reminded of what this game has been reminding me of.... EXOPRIMAL