What Comic-book character would you like a game of?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Comics_main.jpg

What character from comics would you like to see turned into a game?

What studio or publisher would you like to handle the game?

What would the game look like or what existing game might it resemble?

Do you have an original twist?

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Wolverine is my favorite character and they are already doing that, so I lucked out there.

The other character I'd love to see in a game is Blade!

Excited Wesley Snipes GIF by BBQ Films

Especially with Wesley Snipes doing the voice, that would be incredibly epic.

I think Sucker Punch would do an amazing job or.... From Soft. Yes, could you imagine Blade with a Sekiro style combat system and then he has long range weapons added in. I'm sure From could do an amazing version.

Sucker Punch have done comic style games and most recently bladed combat, so I know their game would be incredibly fun.

Lastly, I think he fits in well with Wolverine and Spider-man..... and even the Punisher since @Sircaw mentioned him above.

D

Deleted member 417

Does Comix Zone count?

+1 for spawn because I don't know any other comic books

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Ambush Bug would be epic if handled correctly, but that would also mean mocking gameplay conventions in ways guaranteed to piss off anyone who doesn’t know what to expect going in.

It would almost be Takeshi’s Challenge-level insanity, especially if they had a final boss encounter like the ending of the first solo AB miniseries.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
A Nightmare on Elm Street game would be swell. Like a horror game.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
It's a shame we didn't get that Flash game 15 years ago, but really it would be impossible to truly reicate his powers.

I have good comics knowledge but will take the normies answer and say I'm fine with more Batman and Spiderman. Powersets really need strong limits for game design reasons...

Here's hoping Iron Man is good.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Not originally a comic book, but I want a Masters of the Universe (original toys, not the recent woke tv show) adaptation by SSM or Insomniac. With all the characters and variations as skins, and an artstyle very similar to the blister illustrations that they had.

There have been a few adaptations until now but they were pretty awful. I'd like to have a top tier AAA game instead.

24 Jun 2022
Does Comix Zone count?

+1 for spawn because I don't know any other comic books

You mean outside of the usual Marvel/DC picks? Well, there's Sandman...I think a Sandman video game would be pretty awesome in the rights hands actually.

A Nightmare on Elm Street game would be swell. Like a horror game.

They had one for the NES IIRC, but it was trash.

A modern one that's actually good? Would be a pretty good hit.

Not originally a comic book, but I want a Masters of the Universe (original toys, not the recent woke tv show) adaptation by SSM or Insomniac. With all the characters and variations as skins, and an artstyle very similar to the blister illustrations that they had.

There have been a few adaptations until now but they were pretty awful. I'd like to have a top tier AAA game instead.

Those illustration for MotU are really good and sell the fantasy so well. I think the dev with a visual style closest to that is actually Vanillaware, so I'd like to see them do a take on an IP like that for such a reason.

That said, SSM & Insomniac are clearly super-talented; if there was a way to have Vanillaware's artstyle but in a 3D AAA game from one of those devs that'd be the dream. Maybe they could work together on it. And I know Arc System Works exists but their style is a lot more "clean" anime-inspired; I think Vanillaware's has a bit more of an anime & Western style influence with good amounts of detail that'd be a better fit for something like a MotU or an adaptation of an '80s dark fantasy IP as a video game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 417