What game have you pre-ordered(digital and physical)over few last years and did you regret it.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Title:

I pre-ordered a lot of games over the years and so far I only regreted Mario Papers because that game is garbage

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Hmmm not sure I regret any purchases. There are games where I think they ended up being a waste of time, which is far worse thing than spending a couple bucks, but I'm gonna keep that list to myself. :p

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I preordered the digital deluxe edition of Hogwarts Legacy on PC to be able to play it 3 days early. It was so buggy with non stop stutter that I had to stop playing it after a few hours. Months later and I still haven't even went back to it even though it's patched up now. I could buy it now for $40. That's the last time I ever preorder a game on PC ever again. I don't really regret buying the game, but I regret not buying it on PS5 instead.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
TotK. But I picked it up late and didn't get my free wooden block thing (literally the only reason to preorder is bonus material.) So I guess I regret it. What I really regret is not putting my pre-order in before the price rise. Other than that I put one in for Smash, which would have been 2018 and thats probably it for like a decade. Literally a decade since I previously pre-ordered.... Metroid Prime 2 maybe? That would have included six years of college with no games store within walking distance from which to pre-order games plus me being a poor student and buying games that were cheap/old/on Steam.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
FF Orgins Stranger Of Paradise- it was a decent Nioh game with an FF skin

Final Fantasy 16 - Exceeded my expectations, i also didn't watch any trailers so i almost went into it blind like the old days of gaming

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Only preorder I ever done was God of War Ragnarok for PS5, and that was maybe 2-3 days before release, so all the reviews were out and beaming.

It's from a reliable studio and a reliable publisher.

No regrets.

I think I might preorder Spider-Man 2 in the same way.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The only ps5 purchase I regret was Callisto protocol. Trust game was so bad it felt like slap in the face. I felt offended on a personal level.
I sold it and I never do that :p