What Games Should or are we expecting in the year 2024 from Sony first party ?

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
I expect games from either Sucker puch, Santa Monica, Bend Studio or Bluepoint
A suprise acquisition or a suprise exclusivity deal from a Korean developer

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don’t even know anymore. After the Insomniac leak, their games are way farther out than I would have expected. Wolverine should not have even been announced until 2024 at the soonest given its timing. And we don’t have announcements from most of Sony’s big single player hitters right now …

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
GOW DLC, Twisted Metal, Uncharted, Helldivers 2 there’s Bluepoint, Bend Studio & Sucker Punch which are probably slated 2025 but maybe 1 of the studios mention releases a game in 2024.
There’s also the new studios like Firesprite, Firewalks who are working on a singleplayer game & that leaked ooze game

Does anyone think we’ll see a game tied w PS production by a 3rd party studio like Sackboy in 2024? Jak & Daxter & Gravity Rush films are being made which we might see in late 2024 if not 2025 maybe we can get a new entry or a remake, I’m sure will see the Twisted Metal game near Season 2 of the show

Reactions: Playstation Sucka

TheCapital-M

21 Dec 2023
I think they will do a state of play/showcase shortly before ff7 rebirth and show some stuff there.( like they did for ff16) I'd expect some of these studios that have been radio silent for five years to drop something at the end of 2024 or beginning of 2025. Studios like Bend and sucker punch. London studio, bluepoint. I think we could see some 1st party games in the second half of 2024 but they won't be announced before February.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Team Asobi's new game, Spiderman 2 dlc and that rumoured Atreus standalone game if that's still real and maybe Death Stranding 2

• thinking_hard

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Who knows

Seems like the oven is packed with stuff but we aren't allowed to see what's cooking

If I had to guess the following to be revealed

Marathon, Fair games, Concord proper reveals. Maybe releases
Wolverine full reveal
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Team Asobi game
DS2

Slight chance of Cory Barlogs new IP
Maybe Bend and Bluepoint projects

Naughty Dog - no reveals. Even if the next game is further along than expected they aren't risking another early reveal

• Informative

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I don’t even know anymore. After the Insomniac leak, their games are way farther out than I would have expected. Wolverine should not have even been announced until 2024 at the soonest given its timing. And we don’t have announcements from most of Sony’s big single player hitters right now …
I think Disney forces studios to announce their games very early. Indiana Jones, EA’s Iron Man and Black Panther, Amy Henning‘s Captain America game, and Blade were also announced way to soon.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
GOW DLC, Twisted Metal, Uncharted, Helldivers 2 there’s Bluepoint, Bend Studio & Sucker Punch which are probably slated 2025 but maybe 1 of the studios mention releases a game in 2024.
There’s also the new studios like Firesprite, Firewalks who are working on a singleplayer game & that leaked ooze game

Does anyone think we’ll see a game tied w PS production by a 3rd party studio like Sackboy in 2024? Jak & Daxter & Gravity Rush films are being made which we might see in late 2024 if not 2025 maybe we can get a new entry or a remake, I’m sure will see the Twisted Metal game near Season 2 of the show
There is no GOW DLC. The DLC was Valhalla. They’re working on Cory’s game and the next GOW I’m sure is in pre production.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Who knows

Seems like the oven is packed with stuff but we aren't allowed to see what's cooking

If I had to guess the following to be revealed

Marathon, Fair games, Concord proper reveals. Maybe releases
Wolverine full reveal
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Team Asobi game
DS2

Slight chance of Cory Barlogs new IP
Maybe Bend and Bluepoint projects

Naughty Dog - no reveals. Even if the next game is further along than expected they aren't risking another early reveal
If Wolverine really is 2026. I’m not sure we see it in 2024.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Q1 2024 :
FF7 Rebirth
Helldivers 2
Granblue Fantasy
Rise of the Ronin
TLoU2 Remastered

And then Silent Hill 2 Remake and Stellar Blade I think are very likely for sometime during rest of year. Death Stranding 2 I think is also a possibility.

• brain

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
2024 1st paraty releases secured:
  • Helldivers 2
  • TLOU2 Remastered
  • Stellar Blade
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • MLB
  • Concord
  • Convallaria
  • Other China Hero Projects
And maybe a couple of these (if not, they'd be 2025 games):
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Fairgame$
  • Next Team Asobi next game
  • Ballistic Moon's game
  • Cory's new IP
  • Firesprite's Twisted Metal
  • Some India Hero Project
Gameplay reveals, spread around the year but focused on a May/June PS Showcase:
  • Wolverine
  • Concord
  • Death Stranding 2
  • Fairgame$
  • Ballistic Moon's game
  • Marathon
  • Next Team Asobi game
  • Firesprite's Twisted Metal
  • Sega's Wipeout
  • China and India Hero Project games
  • Cory's new IP
  • Uncharted 5 / spinoff (same 7-15h lenght as previous Uncharted games)
  • 2nd party Asia focused mostly PC/mobile titles developed by non-Sony Asian teams who are big in Asian PC/mobile market
Additional 2024 announcements:
  • Play the PS5 games you bought (not all) + the PS Plus ones via streaming on smartphones, tablets, smart tvs, PS Portal or anything with a browser where you can connect a DualSense. PS Plus Premium required.
  • PSN store coming to PC and mobile featuring crossbuy, crossplay, crossave, trophies with PS5 for the titles available in the PSN store of the different platforms.
  • PC and mobile stores to feature all existing Sony games on these platforms plus -crossbuy- PS1, PS2, PSP classics and more games using SIE IPs targeted to mostly Asia developed by the Asian teams who partnered with Sony in recent years: Tencent, MiHoyo, Kadokawa+CyGames, NetEase, Pearl Abyss, NC Soft, Akatsuki etc. And also obviously 3P games from big publishers like Square, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Ubisoft, Sega, Devolver, Anapurna, etc.
  • PS5 Pro
  • Digital Foundry accepts Sony's own supersampling method using the tech from the recently acquired iSize + some Cerny tweaks is better than DLSS or FSR
  • A few low key acquisitions (tech, support teams, mobile game dev teams, some 2nd party team)
  • Joint venture with Square Enix, who spin-offs some of their studios to Square Enix subsidiaries where Sony will have a minority stake
  • Bravia PlayStation, a gaming focused tv line featuring SIE iSize tech to improve image quality
  • PlayStation Experience is back
  • Ghost of Tsushima movie shown and is great, Gravity Rush movie is shown and sucks
  • Wipeout (anime), Destiny, Ratchet & Clank, Little Big Planet tv shows announced

I expect games from either Sucker puch, Santa Monica, Bend Studio or Bluepoint
Sucker Punch released GoT and GoT Legends in 2020, and GoT PS5 + Ikki Island DLC in 2021. If we see something from GoT2 will be a CG or logo teaser, but I think we won't see this in 2024. I think they'll announce instead GoT PC port + a trailer of the GoT movie instead.

Santa Monica: Cory took a few months of vacations in 2018 after releasing GoW and after it pitched a new IP, which I assume got greenlighted and could be announced in 2024. And who knows, maybe even released in 2024 but I see a 2025 or 2026 release more likely.

Bend did release DG in 2019, + some post launch content and its PC port until 2021. Before Before 2021 they were also supporting ND with TLOU Online and an Uncharted spinoff. They are now working on a new IP, but didn't start to work on it until 2021. Meaning, they won't release it in 2024 and I bet they won't show it either.

After Demon's Souls, the whole Bluepoint team did work on GoWR until its launch, but not in GoWR Valhalla. Their game design team isn't big enough to be the lead studio of a AAA game, and since moved away from remasters and remakes they will be supporting some other SIE game, possibly Cory's new IP or the next GoW.

A suprise acquisition or a suprise exclusivity deal from a Korean developer
I think this is likely. I think the woke press will destroy its reviews because they hate beautiful and sexy women, but if Stellar Blade ends being good game and works well in sales (better than Bayonetta, maybe around DMC numbers) then they may acquire them.

But I could see more likely that they could sign a deal -more than they already had before with Pearl Abyss and Neowiz- to make 2nd party games for them. I could see Pearl Abyss using some Sony IP to make a console+PC+mobile MMORPG (maybe shooter) game, and a Bloodborne 2 game leaded by FromSoft with Neowiz and Bluepoint as support teams. In 2024 I think they could sign these deals but not to announce the games.

The Horizon MP game director has been working on it since 2018, so I think they could announce it in 2024. It was rumored to be codeveloped between Guerilla and NC Soft. They announced a deal with NC Soft recently, which could be a sign that the rumor is real and that they are happy collaborating with them, so makes more likely to see it happening maybe in 2024 because it would be an indication that the game is progressing well.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know