What is the best video game you ever played and why? Can be due to fun factor, addictive nature, story, graphics, all of the above etc....

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hmmmm this is tough but I will name the top 3 that pop into my mind.

Super Mario 64

1697384763095.png

It was a really fun game and playing Mario in 3D was just another level for me. It was one of my first experiences with 3D gaming although there were a couple that came before it, although obscure titles like "Battle zone"

Bloodborne/Demon Souls

1697384804552.png

1697384856174.png

My first experience with Fromsoft games was Demon Souls and omg did I fall in love. No other games make me want to explore and give me that sense of accomplishment/reward as Fromsoft games, specifically Souls/borne games. It was the realization of Dungeons and Dragons the way I could have never imagined.

Bloodborne is my gotg and from the graphics, combat, lore, aesthetics, boss fights, etc none can compare. My second most played gsme ever with like 800 plus hours invested lol I platinum and replay it every couple of years.

Uncharted 2

1697384833754.png

Just wow! From the sp to the mp it was just so well done. I remember when it was revealed both fans and devs didn't believe it was in real time because those graphics on console were unheard of!!! Naughty Dog made everyone eat crow promoting it by doing live demo play through on the console itself! I remember playing it and saying to myself every few mins "it's impossible I'm controlling this character and this game looks so fucking good"

So please ppl share yours, I'm definitely interested to hear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I have a few more tht come to mjnd but than tht defeats the point lol

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This is tough to answer ..... for me it's a 3 way tie between Final Fantasy 9, God of War 2018, and Witcher 3. Actually, I have like a 10 way tie but nobody has time for that 😂

FF9 - It holds a special place for me cuz it's the first game I ever beat on my own as a kid without getting help from my older brother. It still holds up incredibly well 23 years later and to me is still the best Final Fantasy game. The best characters, story, music, setting, and artstyle in an FF game.

God of War 2018 - Nothing needs to even be said about this game. God of War 3 was my favorite PS3 game and I thought that was the end of the series. Sony Santa Monica took a massive gamble bringing Kratos back in this way, they changed almost everything about God of War and did it in a way no one expected. Seeing Kratos in a new environment, with a son, and navigating a brand new world and mythology alongside them was amazing. Mimir is one of the 🐐 video game characters to me now, I loved just sitting on the boat and listening to him tell stories, and the Norse mythology was overall done a lot better than the Greek one. Everything slowly came together perfectly and it never felt in your face, I wish Ragnarok had the pacing of 2018 because that's what made it suffer the most, even tho I still love Ragnarok as well. The combat was amazing too, I've no idea how people think the old games had better combat, but I'm sure it's just rose tinted nostalgia glasses. GoW 2018 and Ragnarok have some of the best combat in video games to me.

Witcher 3 - Again, nothing needs to be said, I think pretty much everyone loves this game. The combat is pretty weak compared to other action adventure RPGs, but everything else is perfect, especially the story. Witcher 2 was one of the few reasons I bought an Xbox 360 and it was their best exclusive IMO, I always wished it was on PlayStation 😂 Witcher 3 had all the greatness from W2 and turned it up to 11. One of the best games in terms of connecting with the characters and being emotionally invested in the story. So much I can say about W3 but nothing that hasn't already been said, it deserves all the praise it gets and then some. The 2 DLC's are also amazing as well and arguably just as good as, if not better, than the main game. Hearts of Stone especially, they could've released that as it's own separate game and I would've paid $60 for it, one of the best stories in a video game ever.

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
God of war 3 they way they introduced the Greek gods was so cool and then pushing you directly into a fight with Poseidon was great also the boss fight with Cronos was just incredible

Uncharted 3 just a good old jolly time I have played the game on repeat many times and this was the last game under Amy Henning when I completed the playthrough for the first time I ended up feeling sad that how a beautiful game like this came to an end

Halo Reach great story for a first person shooter at that time and Great gameplay also the last Halo game from Bungie

Call of duty Black Ops 2 phenomenal game fond memories of that to this day which they were never able to replicate to this day packed multiplayer and great maps

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
God of war 3 they way they introduced the Greek gods was so cool and then pushing you directly into a fight with Poseidon was great also the boss fight with Cronos was just incredible

Uncharted 3 just a good old jolly time I have played the game on repeat many times and this was the last game under Amy Henning when I completed the playthrough for the first time I ended up feeling sad that how a beautiful game like this came to an end

Halo Reach great story for a first person shooter at that time and Great gameplay also the last Halo game from Bungie

Call of duty Black Ops 2 phenomenal game fond memories of that to this day which they were never able to replicate to this day packed multiplayer and great maps
Damn GOW 3 with its scale and bad ass, huge bosses is still unmatched imo. Definitely up there for me.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is tough to answer ..... for me it's a 3 way tie between Final Fantasy 9, God of War 2018, and Witcher 3. Actually, I have like a 10 way tie but nobody has time for that 😂

FF9 - It holds a special place for me cuz it's the first game I ever beat on my own as a kid without getting help from my older brother. It still holds up incredibly well 23 years later and to me is still the best Final Fantasy game. The best characters, story, music, setting, and artstyle in an FF game.

God of War 2018 - Nothing needs to even be said about this game. God of War 3 was my favorite PS3 game and I thought that was the end of the series. Sony Santa Monica took a massive gamble bringing Kratos back in this way, they changed almost everything about God of War and did it in a way no one expected. Seeing Kratos in a new environment, with a son, and navigating a brand new world and mythology alongside them was amazing. Mimir is one of the 🐐 video game characters to me now, I loved just sitting on the boat and listening to him tell stories, and the Norse mythology was overall done a lot better than the Greek one. Everything slowly came together perfectly and it never felt in your face, I wish Ragnarok had the pacing of 2018 because that's what made it suffer the most, even tho I still love Ragnarok as well. The combat was amazing too, I've no idea how people think the old games had better combat, but I'm sure it's just rose tinted nostalgia glasses. GoW 2018 and Ragnarok have some of the best combat in video games to me.

Witcher 3 - Again, nothing needs to be said, I think pretty much everyone loves this game. The combat is pretty weak compared to other action adventure RPGs, but everything else is perfect, especially the story. Witcher 2 was one of the few reasons I bought an Xbox 360 and it was their best exclusive IMO, I always wished it was on PlayStation 😂 Witcher 3 had all the greatness from W2 and turned it up to 11. One of the best games in terms of connecting with the characters and being emotionally invested in the story. So much I can say about W3 but nothing that hasn't already been said, it deserves all the praise it gets and then some. The 2 DLC's are also amazing as well and arguably just as good as, if not better, than the main game. Hearts of Stone especially, they could've released that as it's own separate game and I would've paid $60 for it, one of the best stories in a video game ever.
Good ones but I hate Witcher 3 with a passion 😂. Everyone Def doesn't love it but many more do.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Good ones but I hate Witcher 3 with a passion 😂. Everyone Def doesn't love it but many more do.
To each their own bro 😭 Not everything is for everyone. I feel the same about Souls games, a lot of people love them, but I can't stand them, I bought Bloodborne and Elden Ring due to hype and regretted them both....but I do love Sekiro and Nioh

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
To each their own bro 😭 Not everything is for everyone. I feel the same about Souls games, a lot of people love them, but I can't stand them, I bought Bloodborne and Elden Ring due to hype and regretted them both....but I do love Sekiro and Nioh
Oh I know, I read what you posted earlier.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I know many who enjoy it.
High skill ceiling, very enjoyable if you has an coordinated team.

You don't need to skillful to solo freestyler, just need to know ball trajectory well and when to pass/shoot. I had like 400h on that games mostly with some Taiwanese players lol.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Edmund

25 Apr 2023
Street fighter 6
TLOU 2

These two games are perfect 10/10 to me and Tekken 8 looks to be joining the list soon.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Hmm, depends on what you count as best
Favorite gameplay:
1) Natural Selection franchise (I consolidated this into one entry otherwise they'd occupy #1 and #2)
2) Civilization 5
3) Starcraft Brood War

Best production value/most "wow" factor/highest quality:
1) RDR2
2) FF7 Remake Intergrade
3) Last of Us

Spent most time on:
1) Natural Selection franchise
2) Lord of the Rings Online MMORPG (also the reason I don't play MMOs anymore)
3) Genshin