What is your favorite games controller

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
For me it is either Nunchuck, or the original Dualshock.

Teaching my son how to use Wii Nunchuck when he was like 5 years old feel like teaching him how to drive a bike. Not many games support but lot of games play well with it like Metroid, Zelda Skyward.

Same for Dualshock, not many games support it but when they do it is amazing, especially games like Gran Turismo, AC3, Biohazard, , second analog and rumble is the best thing ever back in the day. Also I stole my little brother new year's money to buy it, feels good.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Not really had many controllers, but out of the 4-5 I have used in my lifetime I would say the Dualshock is by far the best.

I did have an Xbox controller back in the day when i used to play on Steam, it was for fighting games and it was terrible for it, very unresponsive, and hard to pull off many combos.

DualShock just feels so good, the size, the weight, it feels like it should be worth a lot more than what it actually costs, like double, Dont tell Sony I said that.

Top Secret Goodbye GIF by TRT

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
PS5. The best controller I ever used. Comfort wise, the second best for me is the Series controller. However, Xbox controllers are cheaply made, with clicky buttons you can hear down the block. Seriously, it feels like one of those children's toys with cheap plastic.

OP
OP
historia

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Not really had many controllers, but out of the 4-5 I have used in my lifetime I would say the Dualshock is by far the best.

I did have an Xbox controller back in the day when i used to play on Steam, it was for fighting games and it was terrible for it, very unresponsive, and hard to pull off many combos.

DualShock just feels so good, the size, the weight, it feels like it should be worth a lot more than what it actually costs, like double, Dont tell Sony I said that.

I feel like Dualsense pack a lot of features that should not be the same price as the Pro Controller from Nintendo.

Like they both the same price, the Pro controller is basically a toy, I got two units and it both malfunction so I have to bite the dust to buy an brand imported one, the joy cons are more expensive too. The only good side is that the Nintendo one lasts longer.... in battery size, Dualsense haven't malfunction yet like my DS4 or even DS3.

A bit sad since Nintendo use to make the most revolutionary controller back in the days.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I’ve never really been as into the little shaping differences as other people. I think the default controller has been largely standardized for a while, and pretty much everything has felt comfortable and similar. Like people tell me they like blank, and can’t stand blank, and that’s always been a weird view to me. Controllers rock nowadays.

Feature-wise is completely different.

Playing through Separate Ways at the moment is a reminder that the Dualsense almost adds on another layer of immersion entirely, like a good pair of headphones or surround sound. Heavy weapons ‘feeling’ heavier to take out, water sloshing around your feet, every single mechanical piece during a reload felt. I like it a lot.

VR controllers are also wild. Everything I wrote above, plus being able to interact in perfect 3D space finally, although I haven’t gotten to try the PSVR2 version. You might not always feel like playing a game in full immersion like this, but it’s impressive you can just step into the world and behave naturally in it, to the level of fine detail of carefully loading individual shells into a shotgun.

And nostalgically, I’ll always love the Wii Remote and DS touchscreen, though far from perfect, for really shaking gaming up and providing some games and experiences that never could have existed otherwise, and in the case of the Wii, being a wonderful small party companion.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Dualsense is a great one.

I'd like a modern Bluetooth update on the OG Xbox S controller. That tamed The Duke but still very meaty grips. A bit like the Steam controller in my memory.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The PS4 controller is my favorite, DualSense features are cool though.

I really hate asymmetrical analog sticks and I don't know why its been normalized...

Arc

5 Sep 2023

I feel like Dualsense pack a lot of features that should not be the same price as the Pro Controller from Nintendo.

Like they both the same price, the Pro controller is basically a toy, I got two units and it both malfunction so I have to bite the dust to buy an brand imported one, the joy cons are more expensive too. The only good side is that the Nintendo one lasts longer.... in battery size, Dualsense haven't malfunction yet like my DS4 or even DS3.

A bit sad since Nintendo use to make the most revolutionary controller back in the days.

Dualsense is probably the first time I was like, okay, charge me $70 you animals, it makes sense. Lol.

I normally think $60 or $70 is asinine for a controller that used to cost $30 back in the day. I remember getting the official GameCube wireless controller for around that price, then suddenly in the 360/PS3 gen, controllers got stupidly expensive.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
If we're talking comfort, it has to be the DualShock 4. It's very comfortable and the symmetrical stick layout is preferable to asymmetrical. I actually think the DualSense is a step backward in terms of comfort. Might be because I have big hands, but the handles on either side don't seem to be long enough and they have an awkward shape, vs the almost cylinder-shape of the handles on the DualShock 4.

If we're talking features, it has to be the DualSense. Haptics, the adaptive triggers, built-in mic, speaker, touchpad, super quiet buttons and sticks. You simply cannot beat the DualSense in terms of features.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
If we're talking comfort, it has to be the DualShock 4. It's very comfortable and the symmetrical stick layout is preferable to asymmetrical. I actually think the DualSense is a step backward in terms of comfort. Might be because I have big hands, but the handles on either side don't seem to be long enough and they have an awkward shape, vs the almost cylinder-shape of the handles on the DualShock 4.

If we're talking features, it has to be the DualSense. Haptics, the adaptive triggers, built-in mic, speaker, touchpad, super quiet buttons and sticks. You simply cannot beat the DualSense in terms of features.
And it has that muscle car vibe to its look:
anBn

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I'd say Dualsense but the battery life is getting really bad with the ones I have now. Day 1 Console one and a backup I got with the bundle I had to buy to get it at launch.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Dualsense for the simple fact that it's the only controller that doesn't make my hands hurt after a couple of hours playing.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
1. PS4
- Better than the bulky PS5 pad.

2. Sega MD 6 button
- I only have experience with first gen UK Saturn pad which was ass! Something about SEGA's Dpad and face buttons that just felt right. I hate playing SEGA games on another main console's pad.

3. Xbox 360
- Best XB pad ever!

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Dual sense is up there… it just sucks for fighters.