What upcoming games do you think will rise above expectations and surprise us?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1714825902623.png
Many doubted that Helldivers would score well and have the impact it has had. I btw stated well before it would plesantly surprise ppl and was right :). It has quite frankly turned the gaming world on its head.

1714825945804.png
From a Korean mobile games developer who some didn't believe would rate or sell well. Seems to be proving ppl wrong!

So what game is next? What game do you feel will exceed expectations? Two games that are rather lukewarm on ppls radar are...

1714826067532.png
Star Wars Outlaws

And

1714826134191.png

Hellblade 2

Both seem to have promise but both are being cautiously expected. Please if you think of any other game tht will surprise us let us know and why?

And

1714826416044.png

Black Myth Wukong is also on the horizon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Idk but I'm kind of leaning towards Outlaws being a nice surprise and a solid game but I could be wrong.

@Sircaw and no discrimination against the upcoming Bass fishing game!

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Not much hype TBH lets see what we get from the next round of shows between may and june (former E3) I am interested in Judas and that Bioshock Infinite like game that was shown in MS presentation last year. I am more hyped by total conversions, mods and doom wads than big AAA games these days.

Edit: Elden Ring DLC I forgot about that one. Although I am a bit burned from souls likes lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
There are 3 games that I want to play that are already out:
  • Indika (Played it)
  • Another crab's treasure.
  • Harold halibut

As for upcoming games:
  • ER DLC.
  • Hellblade 2.
  • Monkey game (Black myth)
Those I will be ordering and playing day 1 (Already pre-ordered ER DLC)

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
There are 3 games that I want to play that are already out:
  • Indika (Played it)
  • Another crab's treasure.
  • Harold halibut

As for upcoming games:
  • ER DLC.
  • Hellblade 2.
  • Monkey game (Black myth)
Those I will be ordering and playing day 1 (Already pre-ordered ER DLC)
ER DLC is a given and I look forward to it. Hellblade was meh to me and I dropped after 4 hours. Hated the restrictive world, bumping into the invisible walls and combat was mediocre. I did love the aesthetics and atmosphere.

Reactions: Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
ER DLC is a given and I look forward to it. Hellblade was meh to me and I dropped after 4 hours. Hated the restrictive world, bumping into the invisible walls and combat was mediocre. I did love the aesthetics and atmosphere.
Indeed ER DLC is a given. To me, hellblade was awesome but understandably, it's subjective. The story and atmosphere were great.