What's a game everyone seems to love, but you just can't get into?

sadik2511

6 Jun 2024
I've been thinking about popular games that just don't click for me, no matter how much I try. For instance, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I know it's critically acclaimed and loved by millions, but I can't seem to get into it. I've tried multiple times, but the combat feels clunky to me, and I find the story pacing a bit slow. The world is beautiful, sure, but I just can't connect with Geralt or get invested in the quests. I feel like I'm missing out on something great, but it just doesn't grab me. Maybe it's the RPG elements or the fantasy setting - I'm not sure. What about you? Is there a universally loved PC game that you just can't get into, no matter how hard you try? What do you think keeps you from enjoying it? I'm curious to hear your experiences!

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
All Bugthesda games, BG3, RDR 2- I finished it but holy shit do I never want to play it again, TLoU, Horizon.

• Surprised
Reactions: 2spooky5me

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Elden Ring

I might still come around to play that game eventually (if/when they fix those performance problems), but I tried playing it for a couple hours and it was so boring...

• sad

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
- Bugthesda games: So boring, so broken, I couldn't finish any one of them I tried. I'm strictly talking about the Bethesda devs, not as pubs.
- The Legend Of Physics Simulator: Bore of the Wild. I managed to finish it, only because I hacked my Switch in order to give the weapons infinite durability. First time I sold a Zelda game after beating it.
- 99,999999% of GaaS games. Even the ones I enjoy, like Helldivers, become quickly boring.
- GTA5 and RDR2: the open worlds are getting out of hand. I beat them both, did a bunch of side content, but if rumors are true and GTA6 is even bigger, I'm not going to buy it day 1 (or at all).

• Shake

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Pretty much every Souls game, including Bloodborne and Elden Ring. They’re all boring af to me and not even difficult. I’ll never understand the hype, I love Sekiro though

• sad

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
Borderlands 2:
Folks seem to love this one most out of the entire trilogy. I put in maybe 40 hours into the 1st one, and liked it enough to get hyped for BL2. I stupidly made the mistake of preordering the Season Pass, too… ending up putting in max 6 hours into the game. Waste of money! Oh, and this was all during the original launch week.

Citizens of Earth:
Poorly designed, monotonous grindfest of a so called “JRPG” made in America. I don’t see the connection to the Mother series. How the devs got the money to make 2x sequels is… perplexing. And this is coming from a guy who gives Indies a very biased treatment. The only decent thing is the likeable story.

Claire: Extended Cut
Bought this on a sales whim, and saw it was being compared to Silent Hill.
Avoid this 100%! Again, I go easy on Indies, but this POS game made me want to break my controller. And the idiot I am, I spent time getting the platinum for BOTH the Vita and PS4 versions…

All Bethesda/Zenimax offerings, except for the really, really old/legacy titles.
Those actually have soul & charm.

I’ll probably edit this post several times, as I think of better examples later.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I didn’t not start to love Witcher 3 until like hour 60 and revisiting the game months after launch. The gameplay is unremarkable but the quest design and characters are. It grows and grows on you where at hour 250 I still wanted more and I can’t think of another game that I had a similar experience with.

That’s a lie. I originally shrugged off Persona 5 as a weeb game for creeps but then found it addicting and I guess cool? Turned the corner on that one 20 hours in… before hating it and wanting it to end at hour 90.

But to answer the question… Most Naughty Dog games. I can’t get over the floaty movement and shooting and kinda think they play like trash. Level design linear and unremarkable. I’ve tried pretty much all of them over the years thru plus or gambled on em. Doesn’t help that TLOU2 opens up with maximum cringe… just glad I bought it on sale. Hate it

• sad

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
CyberPunk 2077 and Fallout 4, both games dropped after 25 hours.

I cannot play FPS games with braindead combat system, RPG mechanics that barely do shit to help.

Also Hollow Knight, i'm not exaggerating when I say it had me bored to tears, I was literally fighting to urge to sleep.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Still haven't beaten RDR2 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Witcher 3 and it's trash combat was off putting

Fallout games in general

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
stellar blade, didnt scratch any part of my action game brain, plus the fanbase became insuferable after a while

• sad
  • angry
Reactions: 2spooky5me and voke

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Elden Ring. The epitome of analysis paralysis.

At least Souls was forced to nail the concept down to each area.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Elden Ring. The epitome of analysis paralysis.

At least Souls was forced to nail the concept down to each area.
What's there to be paralyzed about? Find the OP weapon you like using and over level the content

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
What's there to be paralyzed about? Find the OP weapon you like using and over level the content
It’s my issue with open world games in general. My mind is trained to have my hand held so even as you say that I’m like, where are the OP weapons? I thought there was a specific way I’m supposed to play or direction to go.

• Shake