What's the Reason in closing immediately threads related to topics like Diversity, equity and inclusion in Gaming-industry? -Question to Icon-era.com

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I did notice threads getting immediately closed down here on Icon-era.com, which is kinda suspect. What's the reason for this behaviour?
There are threads were the discussion flow was rather calm. So isn't it a bit weird to close off the threads?
For example the thread where I did report about the Pokemon Company hiring an offical position for Diversity, equity and inclusion consulting was locked and deleted without any particular reason.

@Bryank75 @Gediminas
Can maybe one of the Founders explain, why is it not permitted to discuss mentioned topics?

Last edited:

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Too many grifters are using video games as a battle ground for other wars. It’s clear as day, and I enjoy the idea of staff stomping it out immediately.

It’s not what you want to be known for. Once this trend (if we even agree that it’s happening in any meaningful sense) blows over, everyone who branded themselves as some anti-woke person will look ridiculous. To me they already do.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The initial idea was for the site to stay away from politics as much as possible.

We do allow some light politics (gaming) related discussion but it is at the discretion of the mods and the main concern is the reputation of members and the site, as well as avoiding deep divisions in the community.

We have also found that those types of threads can require a lot of moderation attention and we don't have a huge number of mods atm.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
The initial idea was for the site to stay away from politics as much as possible.

We do allow some light politics (gaming) related discussion but it is at the discretion of the mods and the main concern is the reputation of members and the site, as well as avoiding deep divisions in the community.

We have also found that those types of threads can require a lot of moderation attention and we don't have a huge number of mods atm.
Thanks for the reply, got it.
Well if that's the case then I will personally refrain from creating such threads.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
What about the idea of one catch-all thread for woke/dei discussion/news, simillar to the doom & gloom thread?