When all your friends stop Gaming

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

This is definitely how it feels, playing with random just isn't the same. My friends have mostly moved on from gaming. Even if they play it's only a couple times a month at most while the rest haven't touched a game since highschool back in the ps3 days.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Same here my friends and family have all moved on from gaming.

None of them were ever interested in doing coop anyway, so doesn't make much of a difference.

Makes most coop games a no go 🙁

Reactions: KvallyX

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
When I meet with my friends and we game it's only on a RetroPie and mainly games from the SNES/Genesis and PS1.

We were never into online gaming, not even during the pandemic.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Can't relate. All my friends in their 30s and 40s are still heavy gamers.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Most of my friends are still gamers but we all have pretty different tastes:

• I play only singleplayer o cooperative games on Playstation 99% of the time
  • My best friend is a pc gamer but he seems to enjoy more buying games than actually playing
  • 2 of my closest friends are pc gamers but are only into multiplayer or "meme" games
  • The last one doesn't play anything besides DOTA and is about to move to the philippines but at least is thinking about buying a Playstation too.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Most of my friends are still gamers but we all have pretty different tastes:

• I play only singleplayer o cooperative games on Playstation 99% of the time
  • My best friend is a pc gamer but he seems to enjoy more buying games than actually playing
  • 2 of my closest friends are pc gamers but are only into multiplayer or "meme" games
  • The last one doesn't play anything besides DOTA and is about to move to the philippines but at least is thinking about buying a Playstation too.
Moving to the phillippines to get the true dota experience? Now that's commitment

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Moving to the phillippines to get the true dota experience? Now that's commitment
Dota players are full of crazies, especially the SEA one.

I remembered of one of forum got heavily DDOSed by a country DOTA facebook group, because some of people of chatting shit on twitter about a national football match and linking over to the forum.

Another incident I heard a Indonesian Dota player lit the whole town. Truly something else

Last edited:

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
All but one of my friends no longer game. It's sad. It's like, well there is the end of an era :(

Maverick

1 Sep 2023
My best friends are gamer like me so we are good. But I don't mind if they stop gaming.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Friends?

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
All my real friends only play fifa and casual mobile games so no problem. I enjoy playing solo, coop with randos, and new friends overseas like here.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
eh, most of my friends dont game so whatevs. It might be why i'm still gaming to this day, since no one around me "fell off" neither did I.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem