When Will the Next Playstation Showcase be?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
So far we don't know anything about any upcoming Sony First parties in 2024 (Wolverine is coming 2025). Since E3 is cancelled we won't be having anything there so what's left?

When do you think Sony's next showcase will be? Has there been any news or leaks?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
My guess February to kick off the year. It will not be a big one just setting things up for a bigger one in May/June.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
Wouldn't surprise me if they stay quiet till June where their "showcase" takes place. I use quotes because they could also just rely on 3rd party again in their very own showcase. TLOU drama and Wolverine now being 25 is leaving a hole for Sony for 2024. What we know, Sony seems to depend on timed exclusives/2nd party for next year (FF7, SH2 etc)

However, do expect 2 or 3 SOP before then.

Reactions: Box

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Im afraid 2024 gona be a weak year for playstation

Meanwhile Xbox got Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl and Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2

Not really a system seller game but a potential GOTY candidate i think

2024 sony have to rely on third party exclusive like rise of ronin or ff7 rebirth

Everything announced this year i dont think it will make out in 2024

Sparse line up i blame this on jimbo for wasting ps team time and focus with his gaas game

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

None of these are really system sellers to be honest

2024 sony have to rely on third party exclusive like rise of ronin or ff7 rebirth

100% getting FF7 Rebirth but we need Sony first parties to actually RELEASE some games. It seems like Insomniac is the only one that still makes games these days.

Naughty Dog is too busy remastering Last of Us 6 Gorillion times

While the other studios have been silent thr entire gen

• brain
Reactions: Airbus

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'd make it two weeks before the Summer Doritos Show, late may or early June. Just to put there their big announcements and don't give anything to the Doritos pope. Announce there the PS4 Pro for a September release.

Then I'd make a presential PlayStation Showcase in December again with trailers and announcements not giving anything to the Doritos Awards.

Both events would be focused only on announcecents, gameplay reveals or highly requested trailers of 1st and 2nd party games including cool stuff from China/India Hero project stuff and big 3P exclusives, and also hardware/accesories/PS+ announcements. It would also include PC ports and movies from SIE IPs. No 3P multiplatform games, and no indie games.

Then they'd make a 3rd party (VR+non-VR) State of Play each quarter, and a PlayStation Indies Showcase each quarter.

There would be 2 game specific State of Play per year: one for their main 1st party game of the year and other for the main 3P exclusive of the year.

So in total 12 events per year, one for each month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Ryan

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

The PS 2024 exclusives are going to destroy the Xbox ones even if for PS you only count the Q1 ones for PS.

The majority of Sony exclusives have been 3P for their 30 years. It worked very well, so they won't change it now.

Rise of the Ronin will be published by Sony, which means it's first party (2nd party to be more specific).

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Sparse line up i blame this on jimbo for wasting ps team time and focus with his gaas game
I'm usually a doomer and I would like much more from Sony but FFVII Rebirth against the likes of Hellblade 2 is a bloodbath.

Hellblade 2 being their biggest release in 2024 would be laughable. Stalker 2 if it ever releases is likely to show up on PS5 a few months later anyway.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It will be before April that's for sure or whenever their fiscal shareholders conference takes place

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

There is nothing wrong with relying on 3rd party exclusives? It's still exclusive content in whatever way for the platform. If the games are good why does it matter if it's internal or external.

2024 will be a great year for them. The first half alone is a good year of worthy games.

We know at least Concord is coming next year. Many on here might not be excited for it, but I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing it. A lot of good talent behind it.

Plus I'm sure we will finally see some debuts from people like Asobi, Sucker Punch and hopefully Housemarque

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022

Stalker 2 is a three month exclusive 😄.

Rise of the Ronin is published by SIE so first-party if it matters to you.

• Surprised

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Stalker 2 is a three month exclusive 😄.

Rise of the Ronin is published by SIE so first-party if it matters to you.
Rise of the Ronin is actually first party in collaboration with Team Ninja.

Also, yeah, Stalker coming to PS5

Reactions: Hezekiah

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

This is all cap and Hellblade 😂😂 keep banking on tht and believing the hype like many believed in Redfall, Starfield and others we heard same shit about. It's all rinse and repeat. I bet you Helldivers is better than almost every Xbox exclusive in 2024. And what does it matter if a game is a third party exclusive? Who cares? It's a game that isn't showing up on the competition and helped and cultivated by Sony.

Last edited:
  • Surprised

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
So far we don't know anything about any upcoming Sony First parties in 2024 (Wolverine is coming 2025). Since E3 is cancelled we won't be having anything there so what's left?

When do you think Sony's next showcase will be? Has there been any news or leaks?
Helldivers 2 and Concord are 1st party and releasing in 2024. Helldivers 2 has a February release date and Concord could end up being Sony's big fall game.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think very, very close to them revealing the Pro, so Q3 2024.

There will, of course, be a couple of State of Plays before then.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So far we don't know anything about any upcoming Sony First parties in 2024
Not true. We know Helldivers II, TLOU2 Remastered, Rise of the Ronin, MLB, Destiny 2 The Final Shape, Stellar Blade, Concord, Lost Soul Aside and Convallaria will be released in 2024.

Plus they also have 3P exclusives like Final Fantasy VII Rebirth or Granblue Fantasy Relink for this year.