Where is "Little Devils Inside?"

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1704208294308.png

Little Devil Inside is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed and published by Neostream Interactive. The game's single-player and co-operative multiplayer modes both follow the professional and personal lives of explorers searching for monsters & supernatural events in a 19th-century-inspired world. It is planned for initial release on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and will be followed by Nintendo Switch and Xbox One shortly after.

Still waiting in this after the delay. Sometimes I forget it exists.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
View attachment 3497

Little Devil Inside is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed and published by Neostream Interactive. The game's single-player and co-operative multiplayer modes both follow the professional and personal lives of explorers searching for monsters & supernatural events in a 19th-century-inspired world. It is planned for initial release on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and will be followed by Nintendo Switch and Xbox One shortly after.

Still waiting in this after the delay. Sometimes I forget it exists.
yep this has a lot of potential, and its been so long, hope its not in development hell

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Dougie Payne Goat GIF by Travis

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
yep this has a lot of potential, and its been so long, hope its not in development hell
An indie game taking more than 7 years backed by Sony is not typical. A few months ago I posted new screen shots tht surfaced but this search engine is garbage and couldn't find it.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
This was the most exciting game announced at PS5's launch. It sounds like they didn't have the full vision figured out at that time, and getting to the full vision took a lot more time than expected. The stuff I've seen with the world map looks ambitious.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
An indie game taking more than 7 years is unheard of.
It's pretty common, it's just that many people don't know about most indies or only knows about them when they are about to be released.

Many indies take a lot of time because they are developed as side projects while their devs also work in other stuff as main job. Because unlike you're rich or get supported by a 'big' indie publisher it's hard to get funding, and things like KS or government grants only fund a portion of the development. And well, even when they have enough funding it's pretty common to see games getting scope and development times getting bigger than originally estimated, causing delays just like in AAA games.

I think it's in the works and will be released when ready, very likely this 2024.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evilnemesis8

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
An indie game taking more than 7 years is unheard of. A few months ago I posted new screen shots tht surfaced but this search engine is garbage and couldn't find it.

What @Yurinka said.

It's not uncommon for small indie titles to languish in dev hell, especially those being worked on as Solo Dev or small teams of like 4-5. The reason can be something like lack of motivation, but also just running out of funds. Loads of these devs have full time jobs that basically pay to keep them working on the game as a side project. Sometimes, it's not really financially feasible to continue working on the project.

Hundreds of those projects just disappear and go on an indefinite hiatus at some point and The Little Devil Inside is certainly looking like one of those.

Reactions: Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Hundreds of those projects just disappear and go on an indefinite hiatus at some point and The Little Devil Inside is certainly looking like one of those.
Yes. But I think Little Devil Inside will end being released because they got Kickstarted and Sony support so they'll do an extra effort to release it due to this extra pressure, even if late and in a suboptimal state.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Yes. But I think Little Devil Inside will end being released because they got Kickstarted and Sony support so they'll do an extra effort to release it due to this extra pressure, even if late and in a suboptimal state.

Kickstarter is nothing really, nobody holds these campaigns accountable if they ghost.
As for PlayStation, it's possibly more likely.
But unless a deal was signed as some sort of publishing agreement that would penalize the devs if they don't release by X(something I very much doubt, that's one way of scaring any indie devs from working with you) there's nothing there really that would could some sort of "real" pressure.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Well I know Kickstarter games that came, went, disappeared and came back from the Dead for years but this isn't tht situation once Sony got involved. Example Journey, No Man's Sky, Kena etc with the backing of Sony took around three years to develop. This 7 year situation in this circumstance is not the norm. This isn't a Regular indie with no backing ppl developed. I still stand behind my statement.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
To be honest i think it's vaporware. The devs basically have no online footprint besides a barebones website with nothing on it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
To be honest i think it's vaporware. The devs basically have no online footprint besides a barebones website with nothing on it.
If "The Day" came out with way less shown before release I believe this is coming out.