Which of these PS3 stranded franchises would you most like brought over to PS5?

Which of these PS3 stranded franchises would you most like brought over to PS5?

• 3D Dot Game Heroes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Just picked up a PS3 and a ton of games. Having a blast running through the games of my teenaged years, and am truly flabbergasted at how much potential Sony is just leaving on the cutting room floor by not getting remasters of some of these out on the PS5. I understand the cell architecture makes a simple port of any of these an impossibility, but surely a dedicated remaster studio (not remake) could get some of these up and running without too much fuss. The fact that I have to boot up 2006 hardware to play any of these amazing games, I’ll admit, makes having a PS3 feel kind of special, but also just seems like a massive missed opportunity on Sony’s part. Just ran through the PS3 Ratchet games, and they hold up incredibly well, would just love to be able to play them at 4k 60.

Reactions: Kokoloko and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
never owned a ps3, thanks for being none exclusive :(

On a serious note, i recall a subject sort of similar to this where people talked about a game called Legacy of Kain, i think it was very popular back in the day.

Sorry for the derail

hugs

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Final fantasy games are not stranded. They can easily be played on PC and Xbox. Besides, it's not Sony's call in that case. MGS IV is stranded but it's up to Konami.

I went with motorstorm.

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
I’d say my top three franchises to bring back would be Resistance, infamous and motor storm

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
No option for "all of them"?

If the MGS Volume 1 collection sells well enough, I think it's very probable we will see a Volume 2 containing MGS4, Portable Ops and Peace Walker (and maybe even Ground Zero + 5).

I would really like a Folklore port. I think it's not even in the Premium catalogue.

MotorStorm would be great, especially Pacific Rift, which to this day is still my favorite racing game (I don't like sims,).

Heavenly Sword was a good game when it released, story was nice (and very short), but it came at a time when there was much negativity around PS3. Would it have sold good enough, I'm pretty sure Ninja Theory would be a PlayStation Studio now.

3D Dot Game Hero is still on my pile of shame of not achieved platinums because of the running mini-game. 😔

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I want to see back remastered/remade:
  • Motorstorm collection
  • Killzone collection
  • Uncharted 1
  • God of War 1
  • MGS4
I also want to see new main entries of these already mentioned series, in addition to:
  • Wipeout
  • Loco Roco
  • Gravity Rush
  • Parappa
  • Syphon Filter

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Resistance and Infamous mostly but I'd love to be able to try Folklore.

MGS Revengence and IV would be cool too.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Infamous please, the first 2 were so good, it's literally the only reason why I keep my PS3 plugged in. Second Son was decent but nowhere close to the level of the original games.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Why do the likes of Destiny 2 or Division 2 exist? Was there something so revolutionary in the game engines that couldn't be addressed as an update patch or DLC pack? Whereas something like R6 Seine is still going but hardly resembles the launch game at all.

I'm just thinking of the Single/MP game delivery method verses GAAS. Why isn't there ongoing, supported (either/or) story chapters dlc, mission dlc, new MP modes added in MP games just... as we go through a generation? The idea of episodic releasing a game in parts, but applied to DLC or post release support? I can't believe that none of SOCOM, Killzone or MAG seem to be in the GAAS discussion I've seen, each could be a good running mate for eventual TLOU Factions Online, no?

This post hurt my head, way too stoned, but someone sees what I mean, right?

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Final fantasy games are not stranded. They can easily be played on PC and Xbox. Besides, it's not Sony's call in that case. MGS IV is stranded but it's up to Konami.

I went with motorstorm.

I have zero interest in PC and Xbox gaming though, i wouldn't invest in those just for the FFXIII Trilogy, plus i prefer Trophies over Steam/xbox Achievements

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Resistance and Killzone. PS5 is lacking in 1st party shooters, time to revive it. Folklore too

If we’re talking 3rd party than MGS4 and FF13. 3D dot heroes was cool

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I want to see back remastered/remade:
  • Motorstorm collection
  • Killzone collection
  • Uncharted 1
  • God of War 1
  • MGS4
I also want to see new main entries of these already mentioned series, in addition to:
  • Wipeout
  • Loco Roco
  • Gravity Rush
  • Parappa
  • Syphon Filter

Totally.
Id add Resistance trilogy to be remastered. And Sly Cooper.

As for new entries, yes please to all of those. Id add Hohokum and Tokyo Jungle too.
And a New Jak n Daxter & Sly Cooper lol.
I think Insomniac making a new Resistance would be cool too

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Out of all of those only thing I’d be remotely interested in is a MGS4 port. It’s my second least favorite MGS game tho. 2 is the worst.

They’re already remaking the best one… Snake Eater … day one!